+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to update new SIN to TransUnion or Equifax?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
I think that if you update your SIN with your bank...The banks will sell these information to Equifax & TransUnion anyway...I'd rather keep my SIN from them..

[Oh..I hate these guys sniffing out your personal private data and leak them to hackers....]

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think that if you update your SIN with your bank...The banks will sell these information to Equifax & TransUnion anyway...I'd rather keep my SIN from them..

[Oh..I hate these guys sniffing out your personal private data and leak them to hackers....]
Lol, just wait until you need a mortgage to buy the house.

Reactions: doge

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Lol, just wait until you need a mortgage to buy the house.
I think they only consider your credit stuff which mainly are credit cards and recurring service payments. SIN number is mainly related to your income and tax payment which has nothing to do with your credit report/score. You need to disclose income to the financial institution when you try getting mortgage from them though. Either way...a credit tracking company should not need that..

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think they only consider your credit stuff which mainly are credit cards and recurring service payments. SIN number is mainly related to your income and tax payment which has nothing to do with your credit report/score. You need to disclose income to the financial institution when you try getting mortgage from them though. Either way...a credit tracking company should not need that..
You will be amazed on how thing should be done and how thing actually works. When doing the mortgage, not only the bank need your credit report but other parties also. Sometimes because of how messy the bank input your info (e.g. some stupid bankers thought that your birthday 02/03/2017 is Feb 3rd 2017 where it is actually 2nd Mar 2017 or they mess up with your first name-last name-middle name), they will require your SIN to cross check your credit.

You are not going to do the mortgage on the bank where you open your checking account right? Other bank may offer better rate and they don't have your credit card info.

Believe me, Equifax and TransUnion are the last two you don't want to mess with unless you are loaded with cash. Speaking from a man who has just been through the whole mortgage paradox.

Welcome to North America! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: GXSINGH and doge

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018
You will be amazed on how thing should be done and how thing actually works. When doing the mortgage, not only the bank need your credit report but other parties also. Sometimes because of how messy the bank input your info (e.g. some stupid bankers thought that your birthday 02/03/2017 is Feb 3rd 2017 where it is actually 2nd Mar 2017 or they mess up with your first name-last name-middle name), they will require your SIN to cross check your credit.

You are not going to do the mortgage on the bank where you open your checking account right? Other bank may offer better rate and they don't have your credit card info.

Believe me, Equifax and TransUnion are the last two you don't want to mess with unless you are loaded with cash. Speaking from a man who has just been through the whole mortgage paradox.

Welcome to North America! Lol
How did you update you sin with these 2 entities? Is there a link or an address i need to send my forms to. Thanks