+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to submit medical slip now during launching the process?

saikatz

Dec 10, 2011
Hello,

We are planning to launch my spousal PR file on 8th of October. My wife is sponsoring me, she is in Canada, I am in Finland now.
I have not done any medical yet, just wondering, do I need to give any medical report now or we can apply now and send the medical report later.

I am really unsure about the medical part, please advise.

N.B: We do not want to delay any later than Oct 5, coz my wife will visit me in Finland in December. So we eagerly wants her assessment to be done within 2.5 months.

Thanks and regards
Saikat

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
saikatz said:
Hello,

We are planning to launch my spousal PR file on 8th of October. My wife is sponsoring me, she is in Canada, I am in Finland now.
I have not done any medical yet, just wondering, do I need to give any medical report now or we can apply now and send the medical report later.

I am really unsure about the medical part, please advise.

N.B: We do not want to delay any later than Oct 5, coz my wife will visit me in Finland in December. So we eagerly wants her assessment to be done within 2.5 months.

Thanks and regards

Saikat
If you send your medicals with the application it will be helpful in processing time.If you delay and when the VO officer requests you to send the medicals during later stage it will take time and will delay your processing....Recommended to send the Medicals with the application and as much details as possible to so that the processing wont get delay...Good luck

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
According to the country specific guide (for Finland) a medical must be included with your application, the guide gives you the Appendix C form that is to be taken to the doctor and the doctor fills out and returns it to you and this form is to be returned with your application. If the Appendix C is not in the application package you risk having the whole application returned to you as incomplete. The application will sit in CPC-M for 60 to 70 before even being opened so without a medical your tacking on 60 to 70 days more to the process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Well it doesn't look like you have many choices in Finland... so just give em a call and ask em....

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=1891&CountryName=Finland