+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to seek any consuntancy for the immigration

riyazahmd

Feb 27, 2009
Dear all,

I am an Indian software professional with 6 years experience. I am holding a Science Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology. I was trying for the Professional Immigration for last few months. The consultancies are charging a high amount of fee for their services. I think I am able to prepare all the documents myself. Also It is not much practical to pay the high service charge for the consultancies at this point. So I would like to know whether I can apply directly.

If yes, what all are the requirements? What all documents are needed. To whom should I apply? And, how long will take for the entire process?

I hope the answers would be helpful not only for me, but also, for a majority of professionals like us. So, kindly reply in details...

Thanks in advance,
Riyaz Ahamed.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'll advice you to start from here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
Hello riyazahmd,

I would advice to do it yourselves.All the information are available online and if you need any help you can always get it from this forum from senior members.I think hiring a lawyer is a waste of money.

riyazahmd said:
Dear all,

I am an Indian software professional with 6 years experience. I am holding a Science Degree and a Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology. I was trying for the Professional Immigration for last few months. The consultancies are charging a high amount of fee for their services. I think I am able to prepare all the documents myself. Also It is not much practical to pay the high service charge for the consultancies at this point. So I would like to know whether I can apply directly.

If yes, what all are the requirements? What all documents are needed. To whom should I apply? And, how long will take for the entire process?

I hope the answers would be helpful not only for me, but also, for a majority of professionals like us. So, kindly reply in details...

Thanks in advance,
Riyaz Ahamed.

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.
02-oct-2009
smiss9 said:
Hello riyazahmd,

I would advice to do it yourselves.All the information are available online and if you need any help you can always get it from this forum from senior members.I think hiring a lawyer is a waste of money.

riyazahmd said:
Dear all,

Thanks in advance,
Riyaz Ahamed.
Dear smiss9 you can't say like that. who says hiring a lawyer is waste of money. And its also waste of many and time if you send the application wrong and not properly so expect any rejection.
If some one fined difficulties in writing the application and if many pple don't send the docs properly so chances of rejection is high.
Of course its up to him if he want to apply him self and apply through lawyer's my self applied through consultancy i am happy with there service I have provided what ever info and docs they requested from me for my application process cause I don't have time to follow with cic or whatever. I know all info is available in cic site thats good. who want to apply through him self just apply who don’t want to apply through him self hiring a lawyer is better for him i know they charge money.ofcourse they will not do that free.
Every one is free if he/she hire a lawyer or do his work him self.

Thank you

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
I don't think you really need a lawyer. It will really be a waste of $$$. My suggestion is, before filling out the forms, spend 30 minutes or more everyday reading the threads of this forum and any other forums regarding this issue on the web for a couple of months. This will give you a good knowledge of the process and you will be better and well prepared to do it yourself. Moreover, you can come back to this forum to clear your doubts..

Good Luck.

nz@jp

Mar 5, 2009
I strongly beleive using a lawyer is waste of Money.....Well if you have no confident and dont bother to do some study, then you can use... :)

All info is in CIC site...CIC site itself a Lawyer ;)
And lots of experienced info is in this forum.

Dear Riyaz...if you have any question please ask...you will find proper answer here. But please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp yourself.

One important thing is: Seems you are into IT. So in current rule, your NOC must comply with 0213.

Best Regards

zahir

Star Member
Jan 16, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
Never ever hire a lawyer.Lawyers commit mistakes and the applicant has to bear the brunt.Naturally they have to deal with so many cases, they cannot keep a sharp eye on every paper.
If you are well educated ,go through cic website and apply yourself.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
if you have the money to pay for a lawyer, why not??

with a lawyer, you can even have somebody to blame if you get declined.

and it'll save you time you will spend joining this forum asking all these questions like we are.

all of us here are too cheap too hire a lawyer or consultant that's why we're all asking questions. LOL.

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
guys,

there are advantages and disadvantages of hiring consultant, In my case its only the fee that I did not like but who will handle your documents for free? Consultant process my documents very smooth and professional as compared if I'm gonna do it my self plus less time and mistake. When the ministerrial list was released I thought I did not qualified but to my surprise my consultant study my case very well and applied to an occupation most likely to be included on the list. Try to find known consultancy service so mistakes can be avoidable

goodluck

nz@jp

Mar 5, 2009
the ministerrial list was released I thought I did not qualified but to my surprise my consultant study my case very well and applied to an occupation most likely to be included on the list.
So, did you get clearance from CIC...?

most likely to be included on the list.
What does it actually mean....? your applied NOC still not in that 38 list?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
nz@jp said:
the ministerrial list was released I thought I did not qualified but to my surprise my consultant study my case very well and applied to an occupation most likely to be included on the list.
So, did you get clearance from CIC...?

most likely to be included on the list.
What does it actually mean....? your applied NOC still not in that 38 list?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/10-years-as-manager-but-supervisor-only-included-in-the-list-t12666.0.html;msg49974#msg49974

nz@jp

Mar 5, 2009
Hi Rupesh

Though the thread issue is different, I like to ask:

I understand your link from beginning...it's not the title..it's job duties...

So..whats end point...? we have to match at least one of our job duties with at least 1 of that 38 NOC...and mentioned that NOC in the App form...may be with some other NOC not listed in 38 NOC...

Like I am going to mention 0213 along with 2173...2173 is not listed...

Please correct me if still I have some misunderstandin...

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you have to list one from the ministerial job list and have done it for at least a year. you should also perform most of hte duties for that job.

you can also mention other jobs of skill type 0. A or B so that you get up to 4 years of work experience, thereby increasing your score.

casalim

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
Do it yourself

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
If I filed my application, then the job I will declare shall be manager or chemist. My consultant study my case and applied me to NOC 9212 cause its more likely be included and my job description also fit with it, instead of the two job I had mentioned. Now they send all further documents CIC needed. They filed my case mid Nov, and hoping things will be OK.

good luck!!!