+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to live in Alberta if we do immigration via PNP?

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
I Saw some posting somewhere which says we must live in Alberta for 2 yrs after arriving, is that true?

Also I couldn't got any reference on Alberta(alberta.ca) province website about PNP for h1b's, can anyone share link?

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
One more question, if I apply for Alberta PNP will they contact my employer? I probably don't want them to contact my employer.

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
hs2501 said:
I Saw some posting somewhere which says we must live in Alberta for 2 yrs after arriving, is that true?

Also I couldn't got any reference on Alberta(alberta.ca) province website about PNP for h1b's, can anyone share link?

http://www.canadavisa.com/in-the-us-on-an-h1b-Alberta-pnp-has-a-new-option-for-you.html

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
According to AINP official in a H1B seminar there is no rule that you need to stay in alberta...because this permanent residency card is for Canada.

But we donot know if there will be any issue for citizenship or any questions asked later on. best is to stay a couple of months or share a place for couple of months ( keep rent slips copy) and then move.. saying that you cannot a work in alberta

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You sign a document stating that you intend to settle in Alberta. There are a few things that can cause you to lose your PR. One of them is lying to immigration. If AINP wanted to give you problems, if they knew you got PR through them and then left right away, they could in fact, if they wanted to, ask CIC to cancel your PR since you have lied to them. If this happened it would then become your headache and lawyer costs to prove that you didn't lie to them and that you did intend to settle in Alberta when you signed the document and that this was still your intention when you landed.

As far as I know, the AINP or any other PNP has never gone after anybody like that. That doesn't mean that it can't happen at some point. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened although we haven't heard about it.

My advice, land in AB and stay at least a couple of months. If anybody asks you later, you can always say that you did look for jobs in AB, couldn't find one but got a job offer from another province. That would fulfill your intentions which hadn't worked out.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Thanks Leaon, devagirl, ss123

Actually one more question since I already applied on FSW which probably will return back as my NOC code is not in that 38 NOC codes, and in that application I wrote place I'll be staying as Ontario, Can that cause problem applying for Alberta PNP?

kewldee

Jan 22, 2009
Hi Hs,
U said u already got ur AOR. Was that provisional or regular? Did u hear of cases which got returned [and not declined] after the AOR was isued?

Dee

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
not if it gets rejected. Otherwise you can always say you have changed your decision since you have come to know more about Canada- how Alberta economy is doing well and the quality of life,etc.... do prepare a story that sound convincing and has some personal touch in case it is required.

you can also say about a friend who moved to alberta and how they like it if you have one.....

hs2501 said:
Thanks Leaon, devagirl, ss123

Actually one more question since I already applied on FSW which probably will return back as my NOC code is not in that 38 NOC codes, and in that application I wrote place I'll be staying as Ontario, Can that cause problem applying for Alberta PNP?

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
kewldee said:
Hi Hs,
U said u already got ur AOR. Was that provisional or regular? Did u hear of cases which got returned [and not declined] after the AOR was isued?

Dee
There were 2 other rejections mentioned in another thread -- one in which the applicant had mentioned that he had intentions to settle in Ontario and hence got rejected.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
kewldee,

I applied for regular FSW and got AOR on 15th December, but since my NOC code is not in 38 NOC codes, so for sure mine will be returned sooner or later from CIC, so I want to file Alberta PNP.

Thanks ss123 and devagirl for information.