+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need the receipt for cash ?

Sunny_Brar_85

Oct 8, 2011
Hello Friends,

We get the receipt with the travellers cheque. Do we need such receipt for cash(dollar) also that we take to Canada? Actually I have taken 500 dollar cash from one person. When i went to one travel agent he told me that you need receipt for that , other wise one can get in problem with custom people. Please clear the doubt. Also let me know how much cash we can take with us.

Thanks in advance.

Sunny

Lovely_16

Jun 28, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunny_Brar_85 said:
Hello Friends,

We get the receipt with the travellers cheque. Do we need such receipt for cash(dollar) also that we take to Canada? Actually I have taken 500 dollar cash from one person. When i went to one travel agent he told me that you need receipt for that , other wise one can get in problem with custom people. Please clear the doubt. Also let me know how much cash we can take with us.

Thanks in advance.

Sunny

Check out this link: Might be it will be helpful to you.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foreign-exchange-t88056.15.html

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
I think it's not mendatory but if you take the receipt with you then it will be good.
It's better to be on safe side rather taking a risk.
By the way, at what rate you bought CAD and from where?

Sunny_Brar_85

Oct 8, 2011
Thanks for your replies, actually i found no document where its mentioned that we need to get receipt. may be travel agents charge more for their profits on name of giving receipts,if any expert can provide input,, it will be really thankfull

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
Hi,
No travel agent charge you extra for the receipts. You have the right to get receipt if you purchase foreign exchange.

Kirtan1

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
21, Oct , 2011
Interview........
Not Applicable , SPP
VISA ISSUED...
16.Nov. 2011
LANDED..........
20, Dec, 2011
The receipts are not mandatory , but if this is ur first time to foreign country , then receipt is a must , to be on safe side , who knows what they will ask .
my relatives told me to carry laptop bills also . . so that customs can see that it is old one .