+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need Canadian Police clearance certificate for express entry

nitishpandit

Jul 20, 2015
Hi
I got my ITA in Sep 18th draw(finally :)). I am working full time in Canada and got invite under CEC. I got my Indian PCC on May 7th, 2015 so I hope that should be good as I will apply within a month from now. Also, do I need to provide a Canadian Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?
Thanks

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, it's not required. If CIC wants it they'll let you know to submit.

nitishpandit

Jul 20, 2015
great thanks@pkumthek..
Also to meet 6 month validity criteria of my Indian PCC, I guess I should be fine as date on my PCC is May 7th and it should be valid until Nov 7th, so if I happen to submit my file by mid October then I wont need a new Indian PCC. right?

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Hi Asivad

First of all , Thanks for being so helpful to everyone.Appreciate it.

I got my ITA under 18 Sept draw under FSW. Not sure why ? because I have 3 years job experience in canada and I am currently working in Ontario with valid WP. Any reason ? I don't remember the profile asks whether you are applying under CEC or FSW.

Having said that , should I accept the invitation ? What's the differnce between CEC and FSW, I hrd FSW takes longer time to process.

One more thing I only see a link in my CIC account to either - 1. Continue with application ( i guess this is really acceting the invite ) 2. Decline the invite.

How to proceed and check what all steps / documentation is required.

Thanks and appreciate all your help.

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
nitishpandit said:
Hi
I got my ITA in Sep 18th draw(finally :)). I am working full time in Canada and got invite under CEC. I got my Indian PCC on May 7th, 2015 so I hope that should be good as I will apply within a month from now. Also, do I need to provide a Canadian Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?
Thanks

yes, you need to provide PCC from CANADA., since you are working here. Got ours too :) we are PR now. Had two workmates got PCC here but they got the wrong one. you should get the one with your fingerprints and your photos on it. tell RCMP that it is for permanent residency application. amount is CAD50.00

sweet pea

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2-15
Doc's Request.
SCHEDULE A IMM5669 24-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
arsh_canada said:
Hi Asivad

I got my ITA under 18 Sept draw under FSW. Not sure why ? because I have 3 years job experience in canada and I am currently working in Ontario with valid WP. Any reason ? I don't remember the profile asks whether you are applying under CEC or FSW.

Having said that , should I accept the invitation ? What's the differnce between CEC and FSW, I hrd FSW takes longer time to process.

One more thing I only see a link in my CIC account to either - 1. Continue with application ( i guess this is really acceting the invite ) 2. Decline the invite.

for me, you should accept the inivitation. It was system generated whether you are CEC of FSW. they are the one who will categorized your application based on your informations that you had provided when creating your profile. Mine i was uncer CEC. If your FSW, you should have higher CLB on your english exam. whether celpip of ielts

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arsh_canada said:
Hi Asivad

You will always be invited under FSW if you qualify under both FSW and CEC. Recommend that you 'continue with application' as there isn't a lot of difference between FSW and CEC except that you are exempted from the POF requirement under CEC.

Even under FSW, all you need to do is showcase whatever monies you have in the bank along with supporting evidence of your financial stability. This may include work authorization status, job offer mentioning salary details, pay stubs, T4s, NOAs etc.

arsh_canada

Sep 18, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You will always be invited under FSW if you qualify under both FSW and CEC. Recommend that you 'continue with application' as there isn't a lot of difference between FSW and CEC except that you are exempted from the POF requirement under CEC.

Even under FSW, all you need to do is showcase whatever monies you have in the bank along with supporting evidence of your financial stability. This may include work authorization status, job offer mentioning salary details, pay stubs, T4s, NOAs etc.
Thanks a lot Asivad for such a swift response. You are a saviour.

+1 point.