+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we have to claim all points that we deserve?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I'll try to say it simply. I'm BC PNP nominated so I have 600 points, I also have a valid job offer which is worth 50 points. My question is - do I HAVE TO claim points for my valid job offer or not? Can I just answer that I don't have any? Would it be a reason for refusing my application? The reason I don't want to claim it is because my application would get even more difficult, I would need more documents etc etc.

Similar as I'm not claiming any points for my spouse work experience and so I just filled "no" in her work experience section, because we have over 1000 even without them. If I filled yes, then it would be hard to get all the documents from her previous employers... :-X

Thank you!

mauro80

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
I would get the points I need to be above the threshold and would not stress out to upload everything.
My Boss got the LMIA last year (600pts) and he didn't eve waste time to go through previous work experience and his degree.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
mauro80 said:
I would get the points I need to be above the threshold and would not stress out to upload everything.
My Boss got the LMIA last year (600pts) and he didn't eve waste time to go through previous work experience and his degree.
And everything worked out well and he received his PR? Thank you!