+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do they give time limit to submit passport for visa ( all those who got PR Visa)

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i want to know , whether the chc office ask to submit the passport with in time frame like they ask for submission of documents , and medicals..

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefumang said:
i want to know , whether the chc office ask to submit the passport with in time frame like they ask for submission of documents , and medicals..
Yes they give 45 days sometimes 60 days to submit the passport.

Cheers
saki

CarribRN

Star Member
Jul 2, 2009
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chefumang said:
is it possible to extend the submission date if ur abroad or travelling
Chef,

Your local visa office is the one in Kingston, Jamaica, right?

The answer to your question is NO. They don't give a time frame. But I guess with any local visa office, once they requested for your passport, they expect you to submit it the soonest time possbile.

In my case, I got my passport request first week of March. But at that time I was shceduled to travel overseas first week of April and be out of the country for almost two months. I decided not to submit my passport outright since I really don't know how long it will take them to issue the visa and send the passport back to me. But just to be on the safe side, I actually wrote a letter of explanation and sent it to the ambassy via courier (and through fax as well). I included in the letter my predicament (come up with something excusable) and informed them of the date I planned to actually send my passport to their office.

When I came back from my travel last week of May I sent my passport to their office and my visa was issued after about three weeks with no problems at all.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
CarribRN said:
Chef,

Your local visa office is the one in Kingston, Jamaica, right?

The answer to your question is NO. They don't give a time frame. But I guess with any local visa office, once they requested for your passport, they expect you to submit it the soonest time possbile.

In my case, I got my passport request first week of March. But at that time I was shceduled to travel overseas first week of April and be out of the country for almost two months. I decided not to submit my passport outright since I really don't know how long it will take them to issue the visa and send the passport back to me. But just to be on the safe side, I actually wrote a letter of explanation and sent it to the ambassy via courier (and through fax as well). I included in the letter my predicament (come up with something excusable) and informed them of the date I planned to actually send my passport to their office.

When I came back from my travel last week of May I sent my passport to their office and my visa was issued after about three weeks with no problems at all.
Thanks Chris,

i send u email in yahoo also. if u get time please reply that also...i did my medicals on 5 august and they received it on 14 august i am expecting the request of RPRF fees and paspport anytime. my suitation is also like urs i am going to India on vacation for 6weeks from spetember 29 to november 11. so worried about it. wwhen i send my update ddocument i wrote them a cover letter also stating teh same. so how sthings at ur end. when u planning to and an din which city..
thansk again for ur help

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
It is 45 days. Try to send your passports with in this time to avoid unnecessary hassle. In case it is inevitable to delay, send a case specific query to your CHC

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
chefumang said:
as per the letter i received was 60 days from the letter issue date.