+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do they check for "oral herpes" in our blood test medical exam for immigration ?

nanciii

Dec 27, 2011
Do they check for "ORAL HERPES" in our blood test during the medical exam for the immigration ?
Can ORAL HERPES prevent someone from immigration to canada ??
please answer if you have a clue.... thanks.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
No they don't; and it doesn't appear in the blood test they do. Anyhow, herps dosn't disqualify from immigration.

hondubai

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2010
AOR Received.
received on 28/02/2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
27/03/2011
Med's Request
22/08/2011
Med's Done....
15/09/2011 Medical received on 11/11/11
Passport Req..
11/4/2012
VISA ISSUED...
12/5/2012 get passports back on 19/5/2012
nanciii said:
are you sure hondubai ?
and what do you mean it doesnt appear in blood test ?
Yes, pretty sure, it is my speciality! It is a viral infection which is usually diagnosed based only on clinical appearance. Rarely we go for a swab to diagnose herps simplex virus. Theoretically, we can check for antibodies in the blood, but no one do that! it is unnecessary!

You are admissible to Canada even if you are diagnosed with herps. By the way, almost every one of us has got herps simplex before; and we have the latent virus in our tissues which becomes activated when our immunity drops-off. Usually it wouldn't last more than a week. It is a self-limited disease and it would often cure without any treatment unless the patient is immunocompromised.

frank23

Jan 4, 2013
Herpes are not tested for the immigration if they are at initial stage. Because at initial stages herpes virus is not included in the blood and it is curable. But if HSV2 is found positive can be tested in blood.

singles with HIV

cdcu

May 8, 2015
Hello ,
I too am suffering from a similar condition and have the same query
What if iI have an eruption on the day of medical .
Please help
Thank you

Moghees

May 22, 2017
Herpes are not tested for the immigration if they are at initial stage. Because at initial stages herpes virus is not included in the blood and it is curable. But if HSV2 is found positive can be tested in blood.

singles with HIV
Hi ... Just to check for HSV2. which I have. but there is no outburst since many months. Does it still show in my blood test. and if it does does that mean they can decline my application.

Reactions: Starrr

Vinzi2sec

Jun 1, 2022
Yes, pretty sure, it is my speciality! It is a viral infection which is usually diagnosed based only on clinical appearance. Rarely we go for a swab to diagnose herps simplex virus. Theoretically, we can check for antibodies in the blood, but no one do that! it is unnecessary!

You are admissible to Canada even if you are diagnosed with herps. By the way, almost every one of us has got herps simplex before; and we have the latent virus in our tissues which becomes activated when our immunity drops-off. Usually it wouldn't last more than a week. It is a self-limited disease and it would often cure without any treatment unless the patient is immunocompromised.
Hey I found out that I have herpes after came to Canada I just wannna know can they reject my Pr application due to herpes?

Hictor48999

Jan 28, 2023
Hi ... Just to check for HSV2. which I have. but there is no outburst since many months. Does it still show in my blood test. and if it does does that mean they can decline my application.
What happened to your PR application? Did u got ur PR ?