+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO my wife would get dependent visa if my EE application is still under process

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
My express entry application is still under process and i am currently on workpermit.
If my wife applies for dependent visa now,will she still get it or she has to wait till i get PR.
What is her best way to enter canada?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Hi,
My express entry application is still under process and i am currently on workpermit.
If my wife applies for dependent visa now,will she still get it or she has to wait till i get PR.
What is her best way to enter canada?
Please advise.

Thanks in advance
Get her to do the English test, get any non-Canadian credentials she has assessed and add her as a secondary applicant.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks a lot for your reply. When you say secondary applicant, will that be based on my EE application? Also, if she applies for secondary applican on my PR, can she still get a visiors visa and visit me?
Thanks again

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. When you say secondary applicant, will that be based on my EE application?
Yes that's right.

Also, if she applies for secondary applican on my PR, can she still get a visiors visa and visit me?
Too many factors to consider for this one. Depends on the country she holds a passport or passports for. She has to apply for a Visitors Visa to come and visit you.
Thanks again

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Sorry For asking so many questions here.
Is there any way she can get a work permit and dependent visa before i add her name to my application? Only reason i am asking this because it will give her right to stay here in canada more than six months which is not in case of visitors visa.
My case is something as follows.
I got invitation from express entry in january and i need to apply till march 6th. I am getting married in july first week. So i was wondering that if i do not decline my invitation ,make her come on dependent visa (which takes idealyy take 45days, not sure though) and then add her name in my application? Will that be too late to add her name?
What would you suggest in such case?
Or should i just get her on visitors visa and her name in my PR application? Will immigration officer at border wont find a problem to this as she can be a potential immigrant?

Thanks a lot again!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Sorry For asking so many questions here.
Is there any way she can get a work permit and dependent visa before i add her name to my application? Only reason i am asking this because it will give her right to stay here in canada more than six months which is not in case of visitors visa.
My case is something as follows.
I got invitation from express entry in january and i need to apply till march 6th. I am getting married in july first week. So i was wondering that if i do not decline my invitation ,make her come on dependent visa (which takes idealyy take 45days, not sure though) and then add her name in my application? Will that be too late to add her name?
What would you suggest in such case?
Or should i just get her on visitors visa and her name in my PR application? Will immigration officer at border wont find a problem to this as she can be a potential immigrant?

Thanks a lot again!
Firstly you said she was your wife, then you say you are getting married in July. I guess from this she is not your wife, she is your fiance. Hence you cannot add her name to the Express Entry application as CIC will only let you add her name after you are both married. CIC does not consider fiances, boyfriends/girlfriends as 'Secondary Applicants' even though you may live with them.

One suggestion I can think of; can she or will she apply on her own and create an Express Entry profile in her own name? She can also come on a 'Vistor Visa' or she can apply for a Working Visa.

The other thing I suggest is to wait until you are married for her to come here as the Immigration officer may not let her after she tells her intentions. Is this a possibility for you?

If you need any help please let me know.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
Thanks.
I did not understand that how can she directly apply for express entry? Like on what basis?
I was thinking to get her on visitors visa while coming with me and then apply her for work permit or PR. Will that be a good option?
What if she comes here on visitors visa ,stays for 6 months and still our PR does not get processed. Does she has to leave Canada?
Also, what if she comes here on visitors visa with me and then i process her wrk permit before adding her to my PR profile? Will she even get wrk permit as my file be under process for PR.
Sorry to make it so confusing for you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
SIDD007 said:
Hi,
Thanks.
I did not understand that how can she directly apply for express entry? Like on what basis?
I was thinking to get her on visitors visa while coming with me and then apply her for work permit or PR. Will that be a good option?
What if she comes here on visitors visa ,stays for 6 months and still our PR does not get processed. Does she has to leave Canada?
Also, what if she comes here on visitors visa with me and then i process her wrk permit before adding her to my PR profile? Will she even get wrk permit as my file be under process for PR.
Sorry to make it so confusing for you.
The official answer from CIC is "it depends":

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=199&t=17

You are correct to say your case is confusing because it depends on many factors on your status, job, etc.

The simplest thing to do is to wait for your PR visa to get approved AND for you both to get married. And then you can add her as a spouse to your PR visa application, quicker than going through family class.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
Wouldnt it be easy if we get married, i get her here on visitors visa and then add her name in my application as well?
In that way our PR will be coming at same time.
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Hi,
Wouldnt it be easy if we get married, i get her here on visitors visa and then add her name in my application as well?
In that way our PR will be coming at same time.
Thanks
You cannot add them to your application till July because that is when you will get married. The only alternative is adding them to your application as common-law partner which has other documentation requirements - check if that applies in your case , I'm guessing No.

Recommend that you continue with your post ITA application and submit that within the deadline. When you get married in July, add your spouse to the current PR application itself by informing CIC about your marriage. This way, you and your spouse (in the future) will get the PR together assuming CIC makes a positive decision on your application. Meanwhile, simultaneously you can apply for a visitor visa for your spouse AFTER you are married so that they can 'temporarily' join you in Canada.

Meanwhile, your future spouse can apply for a visitor visa at any point in time including right away. You wouldn't feature very prominently in that application today because you aren't married to each other now.

SIDD007

Dec 18, 2015
Thanks a lot for Such a elaborated answer. I appreciate your help here.
I have one question though. Last part of your answer confuses me a bit.
DO you think my to be wife should apply for Visitor Visa right now or after getting married?

Thanks in advance

mighty_aero

Nov 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My suggition..
Go ahead and apply for PR immidiatly as you alredy received your ITA..
Still you have 6 months for your marriage. By the time you might get your PR already..
1. If you get your PR before marriage..
-Do not sponsor your wife's PR immidiatly. If you do so, your wife can't join with you until she get PR. Pr under sonsorship will take more than a year. During this period you can not apply visitor visa for your wife.
-apply visitor visa, it willvtake 10 days. So she can join with you in canada. After that you can apply her pr while she is in canada. She dont need to go back to india after 6 months in this case..
2. If you dont receive your pr by july..
Notify cic and add her in your EE pr application. They might consider to add her also in your application.

Hope this helps..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SIDD007 said:
Thanks a lot for Such a elaborated answer. I appreciate your help here.
I have one question though. Last part of your answer confuses me a bit.
DO you think my to be wife should apply for Visitor Visa right now or after getting married?

Thanks in advance
1. You can add your (future) spouse to your PR application only if you get married after post ITA application and before 'landing' in Canada.

2. Your (future) spouse can apply for a visitor visa anytime. If she applies for it now, you won't make any difference to that application as you are not married to them yet. If she applies for it after getting married, your presence in Canada will add value to that application.