+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to re-apply for Korean PCC if its more than 6 month old

kris Sanapala

Mar 25, 2019
Hi ,

I have got my South Korean PCC done in 2018 for my Canadian work permit and it's been over an year now and I recieved an ITA . So do i need to re-apply for Korean PCC or its not needed as i haven't been to that country after getting the PCC.

Please help.

Thanks

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi ,

I have got my South Korean PCC done in 2018 for my Canadian work permit and it's been over an year now and I recieved an ITA . So do i need to re-apply for Korean PCC or its not needed as i haven't been to that country after getting the PCC.

Please help.

Thanks
If you never been there you will not need that unless CIC request that.

Good Luck

kris Sanapala

Mar 25, 2019
Hi badar14,

Thanks for your response.

So you mean that the previous south Korean PCC which I got on Jan 2018 ( for my stay in S Korea during 2016) would be enough to submit and I need not apply again for a fresh Korean PCC even after 6 months of issue.

Thanks

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
ASSUMING THIS IS ABOUT INCLUDING POLICE CERTIFICATE WITH A CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION.

If you were just obtaining a Canadian work permit in 2018, obviously you are NOT anywhere near eligible for citizenship yet.

If you are asking about police certificates for a purpose other than a CITIZENSHIP application, see the relevant IRCC information and instructions, or pose query in more appropriate part of the forum.

Hi ,

Please help.

Thanks
Be sure you are using the current version of the CITIZENSHIP application. I believe this is CIT 0002 (01-2019) . . . BUT as previously noted, if you were just getting a Canadian work permit in 2018, obviously you are not eligible for citizenship yet, and not particularly close.

If you are planning for the future BE AWARE the application and instructions periodically change, AND you will need to use the application that is then current, following the instructions applicable to that application form.

In the meantime, for purposes of the current application form and instructions . . .

For applicants checking "Yes" in response to item 10.b) and including a police clearance, the application form itself (current version) clearly states:

The police certificate must either have been issued:
-- After the last time you were in that country; or
-- No more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application

That is, if your last time in that country was BEFORE the date the certificate was issued, that certificate is good.

That said, note that the instructions in the checklist state these need to be the "Original police certificates or clearances."

There are some reports indicating CPC-Sydney has issued AOR notwithstanding the submission of a copy of a clearance for which the original was previously submitted to IRCC. I cannot say whether or not these reports are reliable. The only risk an applicant is taking, by submitting such a copy, is IRCC returning the application asking for an original, or later in the process asking for an original (this seems unlikely, but is possible). Among factors I would personally consider, in deciding whether to go ahead and apply submitting a copy, is how much hassle it is to obtain a new original, and how long it would take. My GUESS (just a GUESS) is that odds are fair to good the copy suffices, but I do NOT know what the odds really are, and no one here can reliably say for sure how it will go.