+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need to get invitation to apply first in express entry before taking WES for IRCC

harsimrankaur

May 29, 2018
HI,
As far as i know we can get WES (credential evaluation) before launching express entry application to save time for completing the documents. However, i am seeing a new option in WES for ECA application for IRCC, does it means that they will send my evaluation to IRCC (but what will happen if i haven't launched my application in express entry yet?) Also there is a column in express entry for WES application (the day it is granted). My question is what if IRCC receive my credentials before i launch my application?

Reactions: arman.h

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yes, just go ahead with that. Credential evaluations take a lot of time. You may miss on many draws because of that. It is always advisable to do things beforehand. As for that IRCC option, that's indispensable. If you are getting evaluation from WES for immigration purposes, they include IRCC as a recipient by default. Perhaps, they send it to IRCC who keeps it in their records for future reference and matching with your EE information.

Also, in case you are new to this, carefully select the institute for your credential evaluation.
W.E.S, though the most popular and efficient, is not the best option when it comes to certain degrees/diplomas from INDIA.
So, just take care with that, and as for the pre-emptive evaluation, 10/10 recommended. Just go ahead. :)

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
HI,
As far as i know we can get WES (credential evaluation) before launching express entry application to save time for completing the documents. However, i am seeing a new option in WES for ECA application for IRCC, does it means that they will send my evaluation to IRCC (but what will happen if i haven't launched my application in express entry yet?) Also there is a column in express entry for WES application (the day it is granted). My question is what if IRCC receive my credentials before i launch my application?
WES has an option for Immigration purposes - specifically IRCC. As far as a PR application is concerned, there are two components to getting a foreign credential assessed with WES.

1. When WES evaluates your foreign educational credential, they send you a evaluation report that equates it with a Canadian credential. An applicant needs this information when filling out the Express entry profile - both to specify the equivalent Canadian credential as well as the ECA Certificate number.
When submitting your electronic application for Permanent Residence (e-APR), the document checklist does not ask for a copy of your ECA Report. You only enter the ECA Certificate number.
2. After your e-APR is submitted, IRCC shall verify the ECA Report directly with WES. For this reason, it is convenient to select 'ECA application for IRCC' - as WES shall grant IRCC direct access to your ECA Report.

Last edited: