+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to apply PR for a baby born in America???

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
Hello Friends,

I'm currently pregnant and expected to deliver my baby in another few weeks. Now my question is Do we need to apply PR even for a new born baby (we are residing in USA and baby will be born in USA itself) along with me and my husband??? Being my Baby as a American Citizen still we need to apply PR for him???

Myself and my husband are Indian Citizens & have applied for PR as a Provinical Nominee through Alberta. Already we have received Medical Request from Buffalo which is scheduled after my labor/ delivery. Once we get PR we will be moving to Canada permanently along with the baby.

Friends, appreciate if you guide me and share your experiences!!!

Navya

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
of course, "Yes", if your baby is going to accompany you to Canada (Which I am sure is the case).

There are a few forms you will have to fill and pay 150 USD or CAD for your kid's application process. My suggestion is to apply for his \ her birth certifcate and SSN when you are in the hospital (before discharge) and apply for his \ her passport as soon as these documents arrive.

Good luck !

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
Kummy29 said:
of course, "Yes", if your baby is going to accompany you to Canada (Which I am sure is the case).

There are a few forms you will have to fill and pay 150 USD or CAD for your kid's application process. My suggestion is to apply for his \ her birth certifcate and SSN when you are in the hospital (before discharge) and apply for his \ her passport as soon as these documents arrive.

Good luck !
Dear Kummy29,

Thanks for quick response. Even I was thinking the same, to ask for more time for Medical examination we had emailed to CIC for extension and luckily they granted us 3 more months to complete Meds exam after my labor/delivery, but however they did not mention anything applying PR for a new born baby instead they have told us to inform to them once baby is born and sending a copy of Birth Ceritificate and Baby's picture. So that made me confused

Navya

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
CIC doesn't decide or assume that your baby would accompany you to Canada !

There have been instances, where people have left their kids with their grand-parents (kid's)...

Good that you got extension of Medicals ! Good luck !

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Offcourse each and everyone needs to apply for PR. First thing, immediately send letter to CHC, after delivery, that u r in the course of gathering required docs and will submit in due course.

Second, Below is the detail of documents or actions that you need to take in order to comply fully with CHC requirements for new born;

1. NEW BORN Birth certificates (hospital and ministry of health). No need of notarization. Only copies can serve the purpose.
2. Passport of new born (and visa page if residing outside homeland)
3. Five photographs as per specification,
4. Additional family information forms (update) and signed in original
5. Demand draft of CAD 150/- (in the name of RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA)
6. Information on height of new born at the time of sending forms.

asyousuf

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
Kummy29 said:
CIC doesn't decide or assume that your baby would accompany you to Canada !

There have been instances, where people have left their kids with their grand-parents (kid's)...

Good that you got extension of Medicals ! Good luck !
Oh ok got it, thanks Kummy29 :)

Navya

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
asyousuf said:
Offcourse each and everyone needs to apply for PR. First thing, immediately send letter to CHC, after delivery, that u r in the course of gathering required docs and will submit in due course.

Second, Below is the detail of documents or actions that you need to take in order to comply fully with CHC requirements for new born;

1. NEW BORN Birth certificates (hospital and ministry of health). No need of notarization. Only copies can serve the purpose.
2. Passport of new born (and visa page if residing outside homeland)
3. Five photographs as per specification,
4. Additional family information forms (update) and signed in original
5. Demand draft of CAD 150/- (in the name of RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA)
6. Information on height of new born at the time of sending forms.

asyousuf
Dear Asyousuf,

Thanks a lot for giving such a useful information :)

Coming to your Second point in my case I'm an Indian and my baby will be American Citizen, in this scenario does Indian visa matters to my child? Do we need to take Indian Visa to my child before applying Canadian PR to him?

Also you mentioned some forms, are you aware of it. If yes can you please share it wih me.

Navya

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
navya_123 said:
Dear Asyousuf,

Thanks a lot for giving such a useful information :)

Coming to your Second point in my case I'm an Indian and my baby will be American Citizen, in this scenario does Indian visa matters to my child? Do we need to take Indian Visa to my child before applying Canadian PR to him?

Also you mentioned some forms, are you aware of it. If yes can you please share it wih me.

Navya
In my view, your baby won't be needing Indian visa / passport for PR purposes.
About forms, these are all same that u used in your initial pack. Same forms need to updated and re-send. Or u can download the same from CHC website :D

navya_123

Oct 21, 2011
asyousuf said:
In my view, your baby won't be needing Indian visa / passport for PR purposes.
About forms, these are all same that u used in your initial pack. Same forms need to updated and re-send. Or u can download the same from CHC website :D
Hello asyousuf

Thanks for response...

Navya