+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ETA or TRV?

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
Hi,

I have TRV stamped on my passport which is valid till 2019 as a "student" from India as I applied for student permit in 2017, but then I studied for 1 year instead of 2 years, now I am on a post-study permit, so I wanted to know if I will need to apply for another TRV for multiple entries to canada as I believe that I cant apply for ETA as I am not from visa exempt country.?

P.S : My TRV on passport says status as Student.

Margotte

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-02-2021
Hi,

I have TRV stamped on my passport which is valid till 2019 as a "student" from India as I applied for student permit in 2017, but then I studied for 1 year instead of 2 years, now I am on a post-study permit, so I wanted to know if I will need to apply for another TRV for multiple entries to canada as I believe that I cant apply for ETA as I am not from visa exempt country.?

If you are from a Visa required country you need to apply for TRV no ETA but, only if you plan to travel outside Canada and then coming back.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,

1. No, you don't require a new TRV, assuming you present TRV is multiple entry. If it isn't and you wish to travel, you would require a new one.

manish723

Sep 20, 2016
Hi

1. No, you don't require a new TRV, assuming you present TRV is multiple entry. If it isn't and you wish to travel, you would require a new one.
Thanks for your response, just want to confirm if i don't need to apply for TRV even if visa stamp says status as a student but I am on a work permit now. However, stamp allows multiple entries.