+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need another Medical for PR?

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hey I landed in Canada in 2021 on work permit and was suppose to do a Medical surveillance, but due to Covid situation that got delayed and I got my surveillance and other test done in 2022 with all reports for TB negative.

Now I will be submitting my application for PR in few days, do I require another medical exam?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hey I landed in Canada in 2021 on work permit and was suppose to do a Medical surveillance, but due to Covid situation that got delayed and I got my surveillance and other test done in 2022 with all reports for TB negative.

Now I will be submitting my application for PR in few days, do I require another medical exam?
Did you completed the surveillance process? Usually the provincial medical panel sends a letter by mail saying that you had completed the treatment and is all clear. Same letter is sent to IRCC by the doctor and them IRCC sends you a letter saying you had complied with the condition and a letter has been attached in your file.
If this is all done in your case attach the letter sent by province as well as the email sent by IRCC. If not so ask the provincial doctor you had visited that have been directed by IRCC for the letter to be printed again.

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I had completed all the tests as per the doctor and he had faxed the form to the public health but I haven't received any letter from IRCC. I do have the reports from the tests and doctors filled form for surveillance. So should I go for medical again and provide those reports to the new doctor panel.
One thing to note is there was a delay when I arrived in Canada and surveillance. Would that be a problem?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I had completed all the tests as per the doctor and he had faxed the form to the public health but I haven't received any letter from IRCC. I do have the reports from the tests and doctors filled form for surveillance. So should I go for medical again and provide those reports to the new doctor panel.
One thing to note is there was a delay when I arrived in Canada and surveillance. Would that be a problem?
Doesn't matter the delay as it depends upon the province wait time. What did the doctor said about your results? You have to visit again after the results.
As per what I know the first letter is that the doctor sends saying that this person turned up to me to go through blood works, skin test and xray.
The second letter is sent once you complete the surveillance and then the panel as well as IRCC sends you a letter saying you have completed the surveillance. That is the letter you have to attach.

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Got Xray and sputum test. Doctor said all the reports were negative, I had a lung infection in 2013 so there were scar tissue shown in x-ray. But there is no active TB. I booked a medical this weekend will take all the reports to the new panel.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Got Xray and sputum test. Doctor said all the reports were negative, I had a lung infection in 2013 so there were scar tissue shown in x-ray. But there is no active TB. I booked a medical this weekend will take all the reports to the new panel.
How about skin test? Medical panel needs to do that. Any doc can't do that, it has be the provincial one. Was it the provincial doc who said all is negative?

navdeep.droid

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My doctor said it was not necessary since there was a history of TB, doctor skipped that test and told me to get sputum test. As per Peel region Public health, it is required to visit the family doctor who would identify which tests need to be done. The sputum test sample is send to public health and test is only conducted by public health unit. So I think the whole process was correct as per the nurse I talked to.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My doctor said it was not necessary since there was a history of TB, doctor skipped that test and told me to get sputum test. As per Peel region Public health, it is required to visit the family doctor who would identify which tests need to be done. The sputum test sample is send to public health and test is only conducted by public health unit. So I think the whole process was correct as per the nurse I talked to.
Ok if you are confident then all good.

Reactions: navdeep.droid

Rain20000629

May 27, 2023
Hi,Have you received the confirmation letter from IRCC now?