+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need a submit a proof of autralian PR along with my canada citizenship application?

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and i have PR of both australia as well as canada. Currently i am in the process of submitting my Canada Citizenship application. There is a question where we need to mention in the application if we have an immigration status in any other country.

Since i have australian PR as well, i have mentioned it... But do i need to attach any kind of proof document as well with it or it is not required. The application doesnot seem to be asking for a proof. Can someone please suggest?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen and i have PR of both australia as well as canada. Currently i am in the process of submitting my Canada Citizenship application. There is a question where we need to mention in the application if we have an immigration status in any other country.

Since i have australian PR as well, i have mentioned it... But do i need to attach any kind of proof document as well with it or it is not required. The application doesnot seem to be asking for a proof. Can someone please suggest?
Go ahead and do that. Why not attach a document since you've already mentioned that you are a resident of Australia as well? I don't see any harm in doing that. They will probably ask you to send a copy of it anyways.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All,

No need to attach as they havent listed as one of the documents to be attached. i never attached. Dont give any document which is not asked.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I thought it’s illegal to hold 2 PR cards