+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to submit my request for Permanent Residency at the same time my husband applies to Spousal Sponsorship?

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Hello!

My husband, who is a Canadian Citizen in Quebec, will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship so I can become a permanent resident.

I am currently with him in Canada since Jan 1st, 2021 and I have applied for a visitor extension (which has not yet been approved, causing me to be in implied status)

Since in Quebec the process is a little different, we are not so clear if we have to send both the spousal sponsorship application AND my permanent residency application at the same time (I ask since the fees for the SS and PR can be paid at the same time)

My question is:
Do we send both SS and PR at the same time? Or do we just send the SS and if its approved and my husband is authorized as eligible to sponsor me, I then send my Permanent Residency application?

Thanks in advance for your help!

bian07

May 19, 2017
I think they only just started a trial for outland sponsorship online but not inland. They really just did that this week I think, usually its on paper.

Reactions: YVR123

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
You should think of it as two halves of a single application more than two separate applications. They get submitted together. Pretty sure if you send them separately you'll just get them returned to you as incomplete.

cad0420

Oct 8, 2020
Every step is explained very detailed on IRCC’s website, under the “family sponsorship” part. Everything you need. Just remember, be really really careful reading the instructions.

Quebec process just has just two things different: 1. The sponsor doesn’t need to provide financial proof when applying the program; 2. Sponsor needs to apply for Quebec’s undertaking program while at the same time applicant needs to apply for CSQ (also in one envelope), but this is another process after you send the federal one. This process you can refer to the immigration department of Quebec’s website (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html)

kvonrosen

Apr 4, 2019
Honduras
Category........
Every step is explained very detailed on IRCC’s website, under the “family sponsorship” part. Everything you need. Just remember, be really really careful reading the instructions.

Quebec process just has just two things different: 1. The sponsor doesn’t need to provide financial proof when applying the program; 2. Sponsor needs to apply for Quebec’s undertaking program while at the same time applicant needs to apply for CSQ (also in one envelope), but this is another process after you send the federal one. This process you can refer to the immigration department of Quebec’s website (https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html)
Hello! What do you mean by first is the federal one? On the documents we need to fill; specifically the Generic Application form it says if I have recieved the CSQ, and if not, when did I apply (meaning I have to apply at the same time?)

Could you elaborate more on that please, we are kinda lost in all this process and are considering paying a representative instead :S