+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have enough proof? what to do??

dutchie001

Jun 22, 2016
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum. I was hoping if you could take the time to answer some of my questions. Me and my partner just applied under the common law. Here is our story,

I met my girlfriend in Toronto while I was on my WHV. We started our relationship in december and in March she moved in with me. She is a born canadian and was still attending college so she didn't really contributed in paying rent but she did live with me full time. Back in the time me weren't really informed about the common law thing so we didn't really have much proof of these months living together officially. We do have plenty of proof being in a relationship together though..

After my visa expired we both moved to Australia to live here for a year. We signed a rental agreement and we applied for common law visa in june through outland.

I am lately really concerned about the amount of proof we provided. Here is a list of the proof we provided:

Bank account details with he same address for me and her
1 letter from close friend confirming our relationship
letter from her mother, explaining that we are going to live with her after we land in Canada
1 common australian bank account letter
full statement explaining how we met and how are relationship developed
flight tickets of us together traveling internationally
rental agreement in Australia with both out names
messages we send through Facebook and what's app
Dozens of pictures of is together and pictures with my parents
notory signed declaration of us being in common law

I didn't have much more proof of us living together in Toronto because we were subletting a apartment without any rental agreement.

My question is if the amount of proof I have provided will he enough? And if I can't proof more will I get a misrepresentation?

I am from the Netherlands and I am confused where my VO office is going to be? I keep reading different things? Does anybody know where this is going to be and how long will the process take and how big are my chances of being successful.

Once again, we send a lot of proof of us being In a relationship that is sincere. We have traveled a lot together and I really hope this will go through but its stressing me out .

Thanks

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dutchie001 said:
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum. I was hoping if you could take the time to answer some of my questions. Me and my partner just applied under the common law. Here is our story,

I met my girlfriend in Toronto while I was on my WHV. We started our relationship in december and in March she moved in with me. She is a born canadian and was still attending college so she didn't really contributed in paying rent but she did live with me full time. Back in the time me weren't really informed about the common law thing so we didn't really have much proof of these months living together officially. We do have plenty of proof being in a relationship together though..

After my visa expired we both moved to Australia to live here for a year. We signed a rental agreement and we applied for common law visa in june through outland.

I am lately really concerned about the amount of proof we provided. Here is a list of the proof we provided:

letter from her mother, explaining that we are going to live with her after we land in Canada
full statement explaining how we met and how are relationship developed
flight tickets of us together traveling internationally
messages we send through Facebook and what's app
Dozens of pictures of is together and pictures with my parents

I didn't have much more proof of us living together in Toronto because we were subletting a apartment without any rental agreement.

My question is if the amount of proof I have provided will he enough? And if I can't proof more will I get a misrepresentation?

I am from the Netherlands and I am confused where my VO office is going to be? I keep reading different things? Does anybody know where this is going to be and how long will the process take and how big are my chances of being successful.

Once again, we send a lot of proof of us being In a relationship that is sincere. We have traveled a lot together and I really hope this will go through but its stressing me out .

Thanks
Hi ,
Your evidence looks fine n quantity and quality , I had the same feelings after I sent out my application , 9 months later and VO never complained ( fingers crossed ) about it .

your VO would Sydney or Ottawa , since you are a resident of Australia . you will need to provide police certificates from Holland , Canada and Australia .

good luck and don't be stressed .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dutchie001 said:

I removed the irrelevant stuff, bolded your actual common-law proofs and put supporting proofs in italics.

To be honest, if you only included those three documents, your concern is warranted. What about mail in both or individual names covering the one year period? Utilties, cell phone bills, government letters, bank/credit card statements, payslips, employer letters, etc.? What have you included that actually proves you have lived together at the same address for at least a year?

For your supporting proofs, are the letters from her mother and your friend the required 2nStatutory Declarations or regular letters? As for the declaration of common-law, without solid proof of common-law, it doesn't count for much.

At the worst, you will receive a request for more proofs and a refusal if you cannot provide said proofs. You will not be charged with misrepresentation.

dutchie001 said:
I am from the Netherlands and I am confused where my VO office is going to be? I keep reading different things?
Your app may be sent to Sydney but most likely, it will go to Vienna. CIC usually chooses the VO of nationality over the VO of residence.

TANMEX said:
your VO would Sydney or Ottawa , since you are a resident of Australia . you will need to provide police certificates from Holland , Canada and Australia .
As I said above, CIC usually chooses the VO of nationality, so there is a good chance it will go to Vienna. A PCC from Canada is NOT required.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dutchie001 said:
Thanks, do you happen to know how fast Vienna is these days.?
Have a look at the Vienna thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vienna-office-t74361.9180.html.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dutchie001 said:

You don't mention the year in which she moved in with you. Was in March of this year?

You stated that you've [now] both moved to Australia "to live here for a year".

Sorry if I've missed this, but...had the two of you in fact lived together for one full year, before you submitted the application?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Your timeline is confusing, how long ago did you sign your rental agreement? If you mean you signed it March 2015, then you might be ok with the rental agreement as your main proof, if you have some other proof in there showing you were in Australia for a year (such as the timeline on your bank statement, pictures timestamped, etc). Worst-case scenario they will request documents. They won't outright refuse you.

If you are talking about March 2016, you need to withdraw your application and either get married or wait until March 2017.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
For your supporting proofs, are the letters from her mother and your friend the required 2nStatutory Declarations or regular letters? As for the declaration of common-law, without solid proof of common-law, it doesn't count for much.
may i pin under this and ask what do you mean by that? I know two of the letters from family and friends need to be notarized - but is there a form they have to be on? or can they just be regular letters that will be notarized,simply?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lady_Ashka said:
may i pin under this and ask what do you mean by that? I know two of the letters from family and friends need to be notarized - but is there a form they have to be on? or can they just be regular letters that will be notarized,simply?
There is no specific form; they just need to be notarized.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ok, thanks - just wanted to make sure :)