+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I attach diploma together with ECA?

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hi, I got my BA assessed by WES and have official report now. For EE do I only attach WES report or copy of diploma with translation as well? Thanks.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Have you received ITA?

Attach degree, transcript, translation and ECa in a single pdf and upload
Yes I have, but the translation of my degree was done back home long time ago. I am reading the requirements, it says that translation must be done by certified "Canadian" translator. So will they accept the translation from my home country (which was done by a translation agency) or do I have to do all over again?

Reactions: LauRoMi

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Yes I have, but the translation of my degree was done back home long time ago. I am reading the requirements, it says that translation must be done by certified "Canadian" translator. So will they accept the translation from my home country (which was done by a translation agency) or do I have to do all over again?
You need ECA report pdf only. You can upload scans of your marksheets and degree certificate as well, if you want to.

Transcripts are no more required now.

Reactions: Quorn

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
You need ECA report pdf only. You can upload scans of your marksheets and degree certificate as well, if you want to.

Transcripts are no more required now.
Thanks, how about degree translation? Does it only have to be from certified Canadian translator?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks, how about degree translation? Does it only have to be from certified Canadian translator?
If you have ECA, why would you need transcripts.

Last edited:
Reactions: yumirdci

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
So I don't need to attach a scan of my official degree with transcript if I have ECA? I can't find this information anywhere. Somebody above advised to attach everything in one pdf.
When you're in document upload page Post-ITA, click on the question mark.
It clearly states you need to upload proof of degree. That can be degree AND/OR transcripts. Up to you. Having ECA doesn't exempt you from that. It's just a Canadian equivalency document.
ECA isn't mentioned as mandatory, but everybody attaches it to the degree anyway, plus scan of language reports.

So it goes like this:
1/Degree/Transcript (At least one of them)
2/ECA
3/Language(s)

Cheers.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
So much incorrect information in this thread. The only mandatory requirement is a copy of degree. Not ECA or transcripts. You can attach if you have them but not required. Your eca is verified using the reference number you provide in the application.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
You must upload your degree certificate, failing to do so will result in cancellation due to incompleteness. Please ignore any advice provided by mr.preetsingh.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Hey, I said transcripts are no more required if you have ECA. Other guys are mentioning about Degree certificates and all. Why you always point to me? Because I am a consultant, that's why?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hey, I said transcripts are no more required if you have ECA. Other guys are mentioning about Degree certificates and all. Why you always point to me? Because I am a consultant, that's why?
maybe it was not your intention or a mistake. but your post was the complete opposite of the requirement. ECA report is optional and degree scan is required.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
maybe it was not your intention or a mistake. but your post was the complete opposite of the requirement. ECA report is optional and degree scan is required.
But the degree itself won't give you any points, while the ECA report is the only document that will. Hence ECA is more important if you want to get extra point, isn't it?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
But the degree itself won't give you any points, while the ECA report is the only document that will. Hence ECA is more important if you want to get extra point, isn't it?
so in the field where it specifically says 'upload your degree', you will upload the ECA report because its logical?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Degree doesn't give you any points? Where did you hear that?! Your ECA is just an equivalency document for foreign education, not a degree. You get points for the degree, and the ECA validates it because it's foreign.

This really isn't complicated my friend. Upload your degree and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't, it's immediate rejection.

Some people add other stuff, but it's not required. Even ECA is optional.