+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DNA TEST REQUESTED TO PROVE CHILD , PARENT RELATIONSHIP

ify1132

Aug 3, 2010
Dear Friends,

After a very long wait , I got an Email from CIC today stating that they are not satisfied with the documents i submitted as prove that my wife and i are the true biological parents of my first son . He was born 1998 ,but his birth was registered 2007 and i got international passport for him in 2005 . I am from Africa , and in my country things are not really organize as it is in western world . We don't really go for those important documents uless when we need it and government does not really press for that . my second son is a canadian citizen , he was born in nova scotia . my first son was born out of wedluck , my wife was still in school then when she got pregnant for me.
However, CIC gave me an option of providing a DNA test to prove that we are the Biological parent , the test will be done in canada but the samples will be collected were they direct us to go , and they will follow it up . Is it necessary telling cic about the circustances of my son's birth since they have requested fo a DNA test ?. secondly , i intend to respond to their mail , by thanking them and telling them that i received their it , and i am ready for the DNA test . Anybody had this experience before ? seniors please advice. They also gave me 90 days to provide it , and they stated that they will arrange for me to submit another medicals if the one i submitted expiry during the process of DNA test.

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ify1132 said:
Dear Friends,

After a very long wait , I got an Email from CIC today stating that they are not satisfied with the documents i submitted as prove that my wife and i are the true biological parents of my first son . He was born 1998 ,but his birth was registered 2007 and i got international passport for him in 2005 . I am from Nigerian , and over there things are not really organize as it is in western world . We don't really go for those important documents uless when we need it and government does not really press for that . my second son is a canadian citizen , he was born in nova scotia . my first son was born out of wedluck , my wife was still in school then when she got pregnant for me.
However, CIC gave me an option of providing a DNA test to prove that we are the Biological parent , the test will be done in canada but the samples will be collected were they direct us to go , and they will follow it up . 1.Is it necessary telling cic about the circustances of my son's birth since they have requested fo a DNA test ?. 2.secondly , i intend to respond to their mail , by thanking them and telling them that i received their it , and i am ready for the DNA test . Anybody had this experience before ? seniors please advice. They also gave me 90 days to provide it , and they stated that they will arrange for me to submit another medicals if the one i submitted expiry during the process of DNA test.

Thanks
1. Not Necessary. They didn't ask u - so why to take an unnecessary initiative?
2. Yes, send that mail - it'd be a wise gesture.

Qorax

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ify1132 said:
Dear Friends,

After a very long wait , I got an Email from CIC today stating that they are not satisfied with the documents i submitted as prove that my wife and i are the true biological parents of my first son . He was born 1998 ,but his birth was registered 2007 and i got international passport for him in 2005 . I am from Nigerian , and over there things are not really organize as it is in western world . We don't really go for those important documents uless when we need it and government does not really press for that . my second son is a canadian citizen , he was born in nova scotia . my first son was born out of wedluck , my wife was still in school then when she got pregnant for me. <<<<< Dont shift the blame on the Nigerian authority, it was out of your negligence,pls. Birth certificate are issued either by the hospital authority where new born baby are born,or by your local government.You should accept maybe then, that you were not informed. Everyone knows that it is mandatory for every parents to request/obtain birth certificate for their new born baby. Your post here about the nigerian authority in regard to Birth registration is very outrageous and non-acumen. Your negligence has now catched-up with you. Blame yourself please not the authority. Go for the DNA and if comes positive, then you are a free man>>>>>>>.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
IFY, i totally disagree with you comments about Nigeria.Things like this makes Nigeria appear as a backward society. As old as i am,my birth was registered in Nigeria when i was born. During my growing up days in everything i did my birth certificate has always been requested for. I begin to wonder what part of Nigeria you are from and how well you are atuned to events in your fatherland.

The good thing is that you are the biological father,so no need to worry.As Qurax suggested, why provide them with the details of how your child was concieved when they never asked for it and it is not really their business to know. Please send the supposed email confirming you are ready to take the test at any place of their choosing. God help you and your family will laugh soon.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
@Ify, did you not provide the birth certificates?

seglad

Aug 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awoderu A.A said:
@ Ify, did you not provide the birth certificates?
Yes he did, but a birth certificate registered after 9 years of brith of birth.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
If the test is failed what will happen?

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Awoderu, i am sure we all know what will happen if they fail DNA test. From all indications, IFY is the biological father so no need to worry.As regards your own case, i don't think you need to worry as well except you are not the biological father!!

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Is it in all cases date of registration that DNA test are requested?

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
seglad said:
ify1132 said:
Dear Friends,

After a very long wait , I got an Email from CIC today stating that they are not satisfied with the documents i submitted as prove that my wife and i are the true biological parents of my first son . He was born 1998 ,but his birth was registered 2007 and i got international passport for him in 2005 . I am from Nigerian , and over there things are not really organize as it is in western world . We don't really go for those important documents uless when we need it and government does not really press for that . my second son is a canadian citizen , he was born in nova scotia . my first son was born out of wedluck , my wife was still in school then when she got pregnant for me. <<<<< Dont shift the blame on the Nigerian authority, it was out of your negligence,pls. Birth certificate are issued either by the hospital authority where new born baby are born,or by your local government.You should accept maybe then, that you were not informed. Everyone knows that it is mandatory for every parents to request/obtain birth certificate for their new born baby. Your post here about the nigerian authority in regard to Birth registration is very outrageous and non-acumen. Your negligence has now catched-up with you. Blame yourself please not the authority. Go for the DNA and if comes positive, then you are a free man>>>>>>>.
Good one Seglad. Honestly, I was so ashamed and disappointed after reading that poorly presented tale from a Naija man. That part about the Nigerian authority with regards to birth registration, was an absolute bunkum. It is even common to find National Population Commission agents all over the health centres(where babies are freely given initial immunizations) in all local government council areas here in Nigeria, and it is infact our civic responsibility to register our children at birth. The government has adequately provided centres for birth registration, but our friend chose to wait for DNA sometime in the future. What a cheap price to pay for negligence/ignorance!!!! :p :p

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Is it in all cases where they observe such year difference in the registration date that they request for DNA or just based on the VIsa officer's Judgement?

lukring

Dec 26, 2010
Awoderu A.A said:
Is it in all cases where they observe such year difference in the registration date that they request for DNA or just based on the VIsa officer's Judgement?

hello how about 1 1/2 yr difference it is possible to require a dna test or defends on the v.o who handle the pr case tnx

sunasir

Champion Member
Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISD-LND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 25,2013
Awoderu A.A said:
If the test is failed what will happen?
I think it is irresposible comment ................He is biological father DNA will establish the relation . :)

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
sunasir said:
I think it is irresposible comment ................He is biological father DNA will establish the relation . :)
I never said "If he fails the test" i said "if the test is failed." Sir, plz do read comments properly before commenting. I was referring to an event in which of an individual fails the testing and not referring to Sir Ify so we are all clear of the consequence before taking the leap