+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DNA TEST for Parent Sponsorship in CIC Singapore

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Hi:

I just received letter from CIC Singapore asking for DNA test for my parents and myself to establish parent-child relationship. Is it normal for them to ask for this test and if some can shade some light in this matter that would be great.

Thanks,
Russell

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
russell_rulez said:
Hi:

I just received letter from CIC Singapore asking for DNA test for my parents and myself to establish parent-child relationship. Is it normal for them to ask for this test and if some can shade some light in this matter that would be great.

Thanks,
Russell
There must be a reason. Did you check your CAIPS?

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
The letter mentioned that the Immigration Officer is not convinced about the documentary evidence on the Parent-Child relationship. It was said in the letter that having positive DNA test will give conclusive evidence about the relationship.

How do I order CAIPS ???

Thanks,

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@russell_rulez
where are your parents at the moment?
Are you sponsoring your parents or are they sponsoring you?

Ario

Nov 12, 2010
@Russell_rulez
CIC want to make sure they are your real parents ,there must be something that gave them reason to be suspiscious.They think you must be trying to bring some people who are not your real parents.
DNA test will definitely show who is not the parent;so if they are your genuine parents ,there is nothing to worry about at least for the mother ,there is only one possibility.

russell_rulez

Jan 28, 2010
Thanks for the info guys...

I already did mine and arranged for my parents through a Canadian DNA Test company. My real frustration is the waiting time/game from CIC Singapore to schedule to collect samples from my parents in Bangladesh. The company told me that Singapore is the most queued office when it comes for scheduling sample collection.

Thanks,

bloomfield

Star Member
Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2006
File Transfer...
05-09-2008
Med's Request
13-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2012
LANDED..........
04-06-2012
Could you please share your case detail, i.e. when you applied and since when Singapore has your parent PR application etc?
I have also applied sponsored my parent who lives in BD and Singapore started processing in Sept'08 and no words since then.
Also is it expensive to do the DNA test( both in BD & Canada)?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

FM_jun said:
is it compulsory to do dna test or if CIC is not satisfy then they will say to do dna
Only if the CHC office is not satisfied with the proof of relationship, will they request a DNA test.