+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DL with new address

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would be eligible to apply March 29 2015. But I am moving (changing apartment) on Feb 28 2015. And so I will get new drivers license with the new address.

Is this okay? Because somewhere I heard if Id is issued for less than 3 months before application it triggers RQ.

In my case I have no option but to get new DL with new address.

Please guide

Thanks
T.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tiarachel85 said:
I would be eligible to apply March 29 2015. But I am moving (changing apartment) on Feb 28 2015. And so I will get new drivers license with the new address.

Is this okay? Because somewhere I heard if Id is issued for less than 3 months before application it triggers RQ.

Please guide

Thanks
T.
Recent IDs issued within 3 months can be RQ trigger because it shows that the person recently came back to canada and got IDs renewed.
But the good news is that now a days CIC might not consider this as RQ trigger anymore. I have just read it somewhere in this forum.

plus

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
thecoolguy,
can you post the link where you read this?
I am in a similar situation where I moved about a year back into my new place.
And I updated my address everywhere except my DL, somehow that got missed.
Now I am thinking of getting it updated on my DL before applying to CIC.
Let me know your thoughts

Thanks
Plus

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone has mobility rights in this country. And the application asks you to declare addresses within the past 4 years. There's no need to worry on this.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
plus said:
thecoolguy,
can you post the link where you read this?
I am in a similar situation where I moved about a year back into my new place.
And I updated my address everywhere except my DL, somehow that got missed.
Now I am thinking of getting it updated on my DL before applying to CIC.
Let me know your thoughts

Thanks
Plus
Hello Plus,

I read it somewhere and can't exactly recall however, please get your drivers license updated with your new address. If you have a health card use that as well as your passport as two pieces of ID.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
tiarachel85 said:

Please guide

Thanks
T.
You keep asking same question and express same RQ fear in so many threads you started lately. If you have nothing to hide, send a copy of your ID even if issued yesterday and you'll be fine. With or without RQ.

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
What if someone applies with a DL and Health Card and then after applying, closer to the expiry dates of these cards, get both (DL and Health Card) renewed with the same address.. would presenting the renewed card (with the same address) create any issues???

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
wanabecanadian said:
What if someone applies with a DL and Health Card and then after applying, closer to the expiry dates of these cards, get both (DL and Health Card) renewed with the same address.. would presenting the renewed card (with the same address) create any issues???
They would have the copy of old IDs you sent with application where is the expiring date.