+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

divorced!

Jul 23, 2008
Hi there, I am a foreign worker here and canada, filed a divorced and it has been granted for a year now.I am now preparing my requirements for Permanent Resident Status or Landed Immigrant Status this month. I have 2 children back home and still have the feeling with my ex-husband. Would it be possibble for me to still put my ex-husband's name as one of my dependents (as i will cal it as Fiancee) on my application even if i am already divorced with him? I really need an answer as I will need to submit my application as sooon as possible. I would apprciate it so much.

Thank you very much and more power!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lapetitemoi0818 said:
Hi there, I am a foreign worker here and canada, filed a divorced and it has been granted for a year now.I am now preparing my requirements for Permanent Resident Status or Landed Immigrant Status this month. I have 2 children back home and still have the feeling with my ex-husband. Would it be possibble for me to still put my ex-husband's name as one of my dependents (as i will cal it as Fiancee) on my application even if i am already divorced with him? I really need an answer as I will need to submit my application as sooon as possible. I would apprciate it so much.

Thank you very much and more power!
No, you are divorced, he is not your fiance and is not included on the application. Don't forget you will require his permission to remove the children from their home country, unless you were given sole custody of them in the divorce.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
No,you cannot,But rules depend on laws of your home country,for example you can remarry him or declare him your common law partner