+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce spouse who committed fraud

Frusyrated57

Dec 3, 2017
Hi

I married a man from Morocco it took 4 yrs to get him here. He finally got his visa and he came stayed 2 weeks then left to a different city to a woman that was his lover. I reported him to immigration and sent them a ton of proof that he used me to get into Canada he has since left his lover and has been another woman that has given him two children. He is asking for a divorce so he can marry her. I have heard that immigration is still investigating him so what I want to know is if I give him a divorce and he married her will that make it that he will be able stay.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I married a man from Morocco it took 4 yrs to get him here. He finally got his visa and he came stayed 2 weeks then left to a different city to a woman that was his lover. I reported him to immigration and sent them a ton of proof that he used me to get into Canada he has since left his lover and has been another woman that has given him two children. He is asking for a divorce so he can marry her. I have heard that immigration is still investigating him so what I want to know is if I give him a divorce and he married her will that make it that he will be able stay.
Hi

Whether you consent to the divorce or not makes no difference; he can divorce you anyways.

If his PR status ends up being revoked, then his current partner can sponsor him as common-law once they have lived together for a year, even if he is still married to you. It would be an uphill battle but it could be done.

You should divorce him, forgot about this and move on with your life.

Reactions: scylla

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
Hi

Whether you consent to the divorce or not makes no difference; he can divorce you anyways.

If his PR status ends up being revoked, then his current partner can sponsor him as common-law once they have lived together for a year, even if he is still married to you. It would be an uphill battle but it could be done.

You should divorce him, forgot about this and move on with your life.
It's possible that If his PR is revoked it won't be that easy for his new partner to sponsor him as he would be likely charged with misrepresentation and banned from Canada for 5 years.

To the OP, you shouldn't block the divorce. It's time to move on.