+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce During Immigration Process

Sherazi

Aug 20, 2011
Can somebody help me understand the following. This E-mail I received in response to my correspondence.

"I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We have recently received mailed correspondence requesting the removal of your spouse form your application. Please be advised that in order to remove your spouse it will be necessary to submit the following document:

• Notarized copy of your divorce decree.

Please submit the document as soon as the divorce procedures have been completed. It will be necessary to assess your spouse for admissibility to Canada if you are unable to provide notarized proof of a divorce"

Regards,

Sherazi

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats so confusing in this emai??? its a pretty straight forward thing??? u need to send them notarizede copy of your divorce document???

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Email is quite clear, they are assuming that you have divorced with your spouse which they believe is the main reason why you are requesting to remove her/him in your application. They just wanted the divorce document as proof.

aLpHa MaLe

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/2011 Received by Mr. Mike on 11/07/2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH THE APPLICATION
sherazi .............i can judge that u are not divorced yet........that's why u are thinking that how can u provide copy of divorce decree............one thing i want to tell you that if you are claiming any points for spouse then after getting the divorce decree cic people will again evaluate your points so that they can judge whether you are able to score 67 points on your own...........if you are able to score 67 points then everything will be all right but if you had failed to score the required points .....then in this case your file will be rejected............one more thing you can submit the decree of divorce before medicals or interview..........and don't contact CIC untill you have your divorce decree......

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.