Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Asking for a friend, sorry for the long post. My friend (of nearly 11 years) is Canadian and sponsored her husband to come to Canada. Her husband is a lifelong friend of my husband (pr for 1.5 years). Her husband has been in Canada for around three months now. Since he has arrived, my friend has become a completely different person. She is extremely mean, bordering verbally abusive, jealous, etc. On more than one occasion she has packed his bags and kicked him out of the house. She tells him to go back to his country, but he doesn’t want to, and because they removed the condition now, he doesn’t have to. I hate to say this, but I feel horrible for the husband. They should have never been married, he should have NEVER been approved to come to Canada (he was denied the first time they applied, failed the interview horrible in grounds that the interviewer thought that he was only using her for money and material goods) but was approved the next time without an interview!

Anyways, my question is, he hasn’t received his resident card due to needing to send a new photo. If he leaves her now, is she legally allowed to withhold his resident card from him? He is worried because she has all of his immigration file and he isn’t allowed to access it.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
My only question would be why is he not allowed to access his file? Its his. He can contact ircc and advise of say an address change but he needs to get his PR card... unless she can prove otherwise that he commited fraud there isnt much she can do to have him removed from the country

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
My only question would be why is he not allowed to access his file? Its his. He can contact ircc and advise of say an address change but he needs to get his PR card... unless she can prove otherwise that he commited fraud there isnt much she can do to have him removed from the country
I should have been more specific. His wife has destroyed all papers and has the emails in her email, and will not give anything to him. I will tell him to call cic and ask.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Anyways, my question is, he hasn’t received his resident card due to needing to send a new photo. If he leaves her now, is she legally allowed to withhold his resident card from him? He is worried because she has all of his immigration file and he isn’t allowed to access it.
No. His PR card is his. If he gives IRCC a new address, they will send it to him there. If she steals it from him, he can use the legal system to get his paperwork back from her.

Only he has the right to the information in his file. He may have authorised his wife to be a representative, or share information as part of the application, but he can withdraw that consent at any time.

As you say, unless the wife can demonstrate that the husband was faking the relationship, he is now a PR of Canada, and there's nothing she can do about it.