+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disqualification due to Immigration Representative - help!

demian

Dec 20, 2009
Hi all,
The due date for my final documents (work experience) was Nov 5th. i sent the documents to my immigration rep based in Toronto on October 27th, they arrive Oct 29th. My Immigration rep screens them, and to my surprise, dispatches them to my country on Nov 5th - the day of the deadline. The very next day, Nov 6th, the visa officer pulls my file and assesses it without these documents and issues a refusal. The documents arrive one business day later - Nov 9th.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone? Is there any way out of it? Is it locked in stone?

demian

salman120b

Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad After 30-6-2010 London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2008
Doc's Request.
3-3-2009
AOR Received.
30-10-2008
File Transfer...
30-6-2010
Med's Done....
23-11-2010
Very surprising and rare, as per law they have right. Pls contact with your consultat immediately without and delay for request CHC to reconsider.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
As Salman suggested, it is right on the VO's part to reject, but is quite rare, as he generally would wait a couple of days more. And the consultant is also not wrong, as he definitely needs time to x-check everything before he despatches. U might be having ur reasons to send the docs so late to ur consultant, but he did his best, seeing the time constraints that he/you had.

However, no hell has yet broken loose. I'm sure by now u have intimated & send the refusal letter to ur consultant. Be in touch with him and coerce him to send a "consultant's note" to the CHC, explaining all possible causes for the delay. Most probably, he, in his earnestness, has already done so.

I hope things work for you now.
We all are praying for you !!!

demian

Dec 20, 2009
Hi again,
Thanks guys, your responses at least suggest there's some hope. However, virtually all my representative's faxes and emails have been ignored (some have received the autoresponse "deleted without being read") - one received a standard form email declaring the case closed. He does not seem to have any channel into the Embassy. Is the "consultant's note" something they can simply ignore?

When I sent my documents to the consultant on Oct 27th, I notified the Embassy by hand delivered letter that I was doing so, in accordance with an instruction at the bottom of the page stating "Within 60 days of the date of this letter, you must either provide the information requested OR indicate that you will be able to provide the information and give an estimated time frame." So they knew I would be able to provide the documents, and I gave them an estimated time frame (I think I said "will be sent in on schedule" - referring to the deadline date). The instruction does not suggest a hardline deadline policy. Is it really right that they pulled the file and assessed it when I had obeyed that instruction and they knew the documents had been secured and were on the way?

Regards,
demian

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Brother,

As I said earlier, ur case is unusual. It generally doesn't go this way. Yes, a 'consultant's note' is always looked into favourable by the CIC/CHC. Remember, the consultant ought to be aproved by the CIC, else he is incognito.

Pre-AOR stage no letter, email or fax works, until it accompanies the apps. Whereafter, on receipt of the 'file no.', one may communicate with the CHC. Thus, in this situation, ur consultant would have to submit copy of ur apps again, with his 'note'. I hope urs is a CIC listed consultant.

Regards.

demian

Dec 20, 2009
Hi folks,

qorax said:
As I said earlier, ur case is unusual. It generally doesn't go this way. Yes, a 'consultant's note' is always looked into favourable by the CIC/CHC. Remember, the consultant ought to be aproved by the CIC, else he is incognito.
Thanks qorax. If he is not CIC listed, would it then help to replace him with someone who *is* CIC listed to open up the channels?

qorax said:
Pre-AOR stage no letter, email or fax works, until it accompanies the apps. Whereafter, on receipt of the 'file no.', one may communicate with the CHC. Thus, in this situation, ur consultant would have to submit copy of ur apps again, with his 'note'. I hope urs is a CIC listed consultant.
Forgive me, but I'm new to this and am not sure I understand the terminology. Apps = applications? Are you saying that he should submit my original application along with his "consultant's note"?

And one last question: what should I do if my consultant is completely useless and I am on my own? Is there anything I can do that would have the effect of a "consultant's note"?

regards,
demian

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. If he is useless, fire him. Send CIC a 'withdrawal of use of rep", there is a specific form for that.
2. Yes, hiring another, 'listed' consultant is a better option, if he is not.
3. Sorry, I abbreviated 'applications' by 'apps'.
4. Yes, u can go DIY. Send CIC an 'appeal' alongwith ur apps. Make the appeal letter, very apealing.

But, what does ur consultant say? U have paid him, he is duty bound to advice u, nice & proper. I'd like to know what r his actions? Or is he a completely 'gone case'? And, is he of some repute, or fly-by-night?

demian

Dec 20, 2009
qorax said:
But, what does ur consultant say? U have paid him, he is duty bound to advice u, nice & proper. I'd like to know what r his actions? Or is he a completely 'gone case'? And, is he of some repute, or fly-by-night?
Member of the CSIC and CAPIC. I don't see on his website that he is CIC listed - wouldn't he fly that flag if he is?

He has been completely and utterly useless. He has no access and has made little effort to get any. He has offered no solution but to reapply. I've gotten more help reading your posts than from consulting with him. When I asked him about appealing, he admitted that he would be laughed out of court.

Someone got him the number and extension of the Program Manager at the CHC. Rather than try to catch him/her on the phone he simply called and left a message, opening himself up to being ignored yet again. And I doubt he has called since. I've gotten no evidence that he gives a damn.

I will write that appeal letter. Thanks for the advice, folks!

Regards,
demian

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Sorry to hear about all this stuff. I know its a pain but if the appeal doesn't succeed, apply again on your own. You should fire him if he is that bad.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yes, Rupesh is right. Forget abt this consultant, also do not forget to fill-up the 'cancel/withdrawal' form against the bugger. It's called IMM 5476 'Use of Representative'.

Now send a nice letter to the CIO. Asking for his 'mercy' and 'relook' at your case, explaining all the necessities, alongwith a complete set of your apps+atachments. I'm sure it will work out well.

If possible send it before 25th Dec, that way also u'll get a chance to wish them 'Merry Christmas'. U see, these little things does count in life.

All the very best, brother.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would not let anyone come between your goals and aspirations. Trust your judgment and do it your self and let CIC know and i am sure they will consider.
Good luck and Happy holiday!