+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Discrepency in declared amount in application form and in Bank Certifcate

manlec

Aug 28, 2009
When I submitted the application to CIO, I wrote the amount of funds to be exactly what is minimum required from a family of four persons (i.e. CAD 21,000), altough I had much higher amount in my bank at that time. Now I am required to submit the full application to Visa Office. My bank certificate shows much higher value than the stated amount of CAD 21,000.

Should I change this amount in the application matching to the bank certificate? Then they may ask where I got this much extra amount in few months time?

Or should I attach a letter from me explaining the actual situation that I had written the amount in application keeping the minimum requirements in mind making sure that I had enough funds but actually I had higher amount of money in my bank that time as well as now.

Any other suggestion to deal with this?

Thanks a lot for valuable advice.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

In my opinion current bank balance for an amount exceeding the required funds, as shown before, will not be a problem, where as it should not decrease the requirement.

manlec

Aug 28, 2009
But should I leave the same amount on the form as CAD 21,000 which will be different from the Bank Certifcate balance?

Thanks

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just say as the same amount in the form, they only need to be sure that you will be bringing the minimum amount for your family. The discrepancy at the time of your application to the actual amount at that time will be seen thru the statement of account. So i suggest to furnish them with a statement of account that shows the amounts and changes thereto at the time of application, this will explain everything.

God Bless!

BM