+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

disappointed with the new law

Nov 6, 2008
The new law is indeed a disappointment to most of us. I have a diploma in mechanical engineering with 16 years of experience in quality, environment & automotive management systems. I had applied for the skilled worker migration program in April 2008. But now with the new law out, I cannot qualify since my expertise is not in the 38's list.

Now with the new law my application will be rejected & i cannot qualify in any way. I request the seniors to please guide me & suggest if i can in any other way qualify???

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cherishedlips2001 said:
The new law is indeed a disappointment to most of us. I have a diploma in mechanical engineering with 16 years of experience in quality, environment & automotive management systems. I had applied for the skilled worker migration program in April 2008. But now with the new law out, I cannot qualify since my expertise is not in the 38's list.

Now with the new law my application will be rejected & i cannot qualify in any way. I request the seniors to please guide me & suggest if i can in any other way qualify???
1. Find a job in Canada, get either an LMO or AEO and then apply through option 1 with arranged employment or work in Canada for a year.
2. Look through the provincial PNP programs and see if you can apply for any of them.

PMM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. Find a job in Canada, get either an LMO or AEO and then apply through option 1 with arranged employment or work in Canada for a year.
2. Look through the provincial PNP programs and see if you can apply for any of them.

PMM
3. If you know French or don't mind learning it, you can also apply for QSW

KGB

Nov 15, 2008
As you might have seen on CNN, BBC, Time… it was such a forgone conclusion that the Conservative party would have been kicked out of power by the new Coalition (Liberal and NDP) that the conservative government have disbanded parliament until the 27 of January so that a vote of no confidence could not be held. Wait until then and hopefully the new immigration rules will be scraped by the new Coalition like they said they would.

citationx750

Dec 8, 2008
KGB said:
Wait until then and hopefully the new immigration rules will be scraped by the new Coalition like they said they would.
They said they would not.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/good-news-about-bill-c50-it-stays-regardless-of-govt-change-t12530.0.html

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
KGB said:
As you might have seen on CNN, BBC, Time... it was such a forgone conclusion that the Conservative party would have been kicked out of power by the new Coalition (Liberal and NDP) that the conservative government have disbanded parliament until the 27 of January so that a vote of no confidence could not be held. Wait until then and hopefully the new immigration rules will be scraped by the new Coalition like they said they would.
Sorry.The law stays,It was an Official Bulletin confirming this that was sent to our office,A private chat with the office of NDP Immigration Critic Don Davis confirmed this.