+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disability and Immigration Medical Examination

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Hi,
My spouse has disability on his right foot due to polio when he was kid.He is functionally independent and Lab Technician by profession. He said he hasnt undergone any surgery and never been on medication as well.
I am afraid wondering an impact of this to our PR application.
Would this be serious issue on ME?
Most importantly,how they calculate cost under excessive demand since he does not need any treatment.Do they predict complications that might happen at old ages too?
Anybody plz. respond over my query.
Any advise will be admired.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sairam said:
Hi,
My spouse has disability on his right foot due to polio when he was kid.He is functionally independent and Lab Technician by profession. He said he hasnt undergone any surgery and never been on medication as well.
I am afraid wondering an impact of this to our PR application.
Would this be serious issue on ME?
It would not be a serious issue - the condition (this may not be described as a disability as there is still normal motor functions on the right foot that does not impede mobility) will just be noted in the physical examination. As you described, no medication, surgery, nor continued physical therapy has been prescribed - as far as motor skills are evaluated - he is normal.

Most importantly,how they calculate cost under excessive demand since he does not need any treatment.Do they predict complications that might happen at old ages too?
Unless his condition requires continued therapy (physical) and medication, and or surgery to restore normal functions, he does not fall under any condition of determination for excessive demand. You said yourself - he does not need treatment.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/excessive.asp

.../atb

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
ragluf said:
It would not be a serious issue - the condition (this may not be described as a disability as there is still normal motor functions on the right foot that does not impede mobility) will just be noted in the physical examination. As you described, no medication, surgery, nor continued physical therapy has been prescribed - as far as motor skills are evaluated - he is normal.
Unless his condition requires continued therapy (physical) and medication, and or surgery to restore normal functions, he does not fall under any condition of determination for excessive demand. You said yourself - he does not need treatment.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/excessive.asp

.../atb
Thank you so much.Your post made me crystal clear on the existing medical condition of my spouse.I am now aware and begin to feel positive.

+1 for your continous contribution to the forum.

Thank you once again.