+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dilema got invited to apply as FSW and PNP

Emzeder

Jul 7, 2022
Hello everyone :) I'm new in this forum,

I recently (June 22nd) received a PNP certificate from Alberta to apply through Express Entry, however, I did not confirm anything until July 6th and it turned out that on July 6th I received an invitation through FSW to apply. I find myself with a score that is not too far from the cut-off (my score is 569 and the cut-off is 557, which presents a risk of having my application cancelled), I am tempted to confirm for Alberta, but I am afraid that the invitation to apply that I received will be cancelled and I will have to wait for another round. Have any of you faced this kind of case? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
Maybe I don't understand this properly but why would your application be canceled just because it is close to the cutoff?

Emzeder

Jul 7, 2022
Maybe I don't understand this properly but why would your application be canceled just because it is close to the cutoff?
The cut-off score is 557 for the latest draw and my current score is 569 including 15 points I got because i mentioned the fact that i have a canadian brother living there, however since I do not know if they will contact him (which i'd like to avoid since i'm not in contact with him), i'm thinking about removing this information from my application, which will leads me to a score below the cut-off (569-15 = 554).

Sid_rash

May 22, 2020
I see. In that case I would say you should accept the certificate and apply through PNP express entry since you are certainly going to get an ITA in the next round and Minister Fraser mentioned that they are committed now to the 6 month service standard.

Emzeder

Jul 7, 2022
The cut-off score is 557 for the latest draw and my current score is 569 including 15 points I got because i mentioned the fact that i have a canadian brother living there, however since I do not know if they will contact him (which i'd like to avoid since i'm not in contact with him), i'm thinking about removing this information from my application, which will leads me to a score below the cut-off (569-15 = 554).
Yes that is what i'm thinking about doing, howerver i applied to Alberta out of spite and not really by choice (i think living there can be great and very rewarding but also very far when it comes to get back to home country even for an emergency), i do not want to get stuck there once i arrive in Canada, it would be way more comfortable for me to settle in the east coast. that is why i mentioned the dilemma :)

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
You will need documents to prove your relationship to your brother and his PR / Citizen status in Canada. If you are not in touch with him you will not be awarded 15 points post ITA. So your application will be declined if you can not provide proof for those 15 points.

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
You have enough time on you AINP to wait until July 20. I think there’s 99% chance that 554 is enough for the next draw. Why not just remove the sibling points and wait for next FSW? Even if in the 1% somehow you don’t get drawn, it’s not too late to accept AINP.

I would decline this FSW ITA since the +15 points is not airtight.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Your whole logic is wrong. Your brother has to give you a copy of his PR card and his utility bill or lease.
If he does not, you might lose both, your ITA and Alberta nomination as you dont anymore meet the cutoff you applied with.

Emzeder

Jul 7, 2022
it’s not too late to accept AINP.
I tried to activate the AINP by accepting my designation, unfortunately, when I click on Accept, the system does not respond and does not even give me the option to click on it neither to accept nor to decline. I'm a little confused with this system where everything is fine until you become a special case :)

oinkario

Nov 2, 2021
Category........
PNP
I tried to activate the AINP by accepting my designation, unfortunately, when I click on Accept, the system does not respond and does not even give me the option to click on it neither to accept nor to decline. I'm a little confused with this system where everything is fine until you become a special case :)
This is in GCKey, right? There might have been a glitch (like always).

Emzeder

Jul 7, 2022
This is in GCKey, right? There might have been a glitch (like always).
Maybe a glitch !
Anyway, here is what I finally did:
- Since I can't prove my brother is Canadian or a permanent resident, I decided to put my brother as a family member living in Canada, but I put NO to the question about having a Canadian family member living in Canada.
- I cancelled my ITA since I did not reach the cut-off.
- By cancelling my application, the option to accept or decline the provincial designation was reactivated, which added 400 points (probably cancelled parallel points).
- I was back in the pool.

That's it for those who may find this information helpful.

Reactions: oinkario