+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difficulty matching job responsiblity with NOC

Riyaraju88

Feb 29, 2020
I have received an ITA under FSW and I am putting together my documents at the moment. However the issue I face is that only 2 of the job responsibilities performed really match the NOC.
I have a work experience of close to 7 years in HR(training and development).So the closest match is NOC is 0112. However under this NOC only 2 responsibilities match the job I actually performed. Could someone help on how to proceed please?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wording is key. Your responsibilities don't need to be the exact same listed, but they should be similar or related. Are you saying that your responsibilities are EXTREMELY unrelated to the ones listed under your NOC?

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
I have received an ITA under FSW and I am putting together my documents at the moment. However the issue I face is that only 2 of the job responsibilities performed really match the NOC.
I have a work experience of close to 7 years in HR(training and development).So the closest match is NOC is 0112. However under this NOC only 2 responsibilities match the job I actually performed. Could someone help on how to proceed please?
Hi Riyaraju88,
was your work experience as a manager? The NOC you chose is for a manager in HR. If not, try these NOCs: 1121 – Human resources professionals
1223 – Human resources and recruitment officers
See if any of these match better. If you were not in a managerial position, then you would have to cancel the application and start a new one with the correct NOC since you have already received an ITA. If however you were in a managerial position, you should be okay with the current NOC.
Cheers.

Riyaraju88

Feb 29, 2020
Wording is key. Your responsibilities don't need to be the exact same listed, but they should be similar or related. Are you saying that your responsibilities are EXTREMELY unrelated to the ones listed under your NOC?
Thank you for the response. So out of the 10 responsibilities listed under the 0112 noc I perform only 2 responsibilities exactly as is which is specific to training role I perform. The rest are more broader human resources responsibilities. Can I play around with words and match it ?
Also is it necessary for the job title to be an exact match to the list of titles provided?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you for the response. So out of the 10 responsibilities listed under the 0112 noc I perform only 2 responsibilities exactly as is which is specific to training role I perform. The rest are more broader human resources responsibilities. Can I play around with words and match it ?
Also is it necessary for the job title to be an exact match to the list of titles provided?
Duties and Responsibilities are more important than your title, they need to be related to the ones listed under your NOC but they don't need to be exactly the same, nor use the same wording. Job title does not need to be exact. You can ask someone that works in HR to look at your letter and at the NOC duties to give you more insight, if you want a second opinion.

Riyaraju88

Feb 29, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities are more important than your title, they need to be related to the ones listed under your NOC but they don't need to be exactly the same, nor use the same wording. Job title does not need to be exact. You can ask someone that works in HR to look at your letter and at the NOC duties to give you more insight, if you want a second opinion.
Thank you for your quick response. I will try to reach out to an HR.

Riyaraju88

Feb 29, 2020
Hi Riyaraju88,
was your work experience as a manager? The NOC you chose is for a manager in HR. If not, try these NOCs: 1121 – Human resources professionals
1223 – Human resources and recruitment officers
See if any of these match better. If you were not in a managerial position, then you would have to cancel the application and start a new one with the correct NOC since you have already received an ITA. If however you were in a managerial position, you should be okay with the current NOC.
Cheers.
I am not a manager in HR however around 2 of my job responsibilities match 0112 noc and also the job title I hold also pretty much match thos particular noc.

I have had a look at 1121 and 1223 however neither the job title nor the job responsibilities match what I perform