+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different work experience for Express Entrey than my Work Permit?

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Hi there,

So I came to Canada last year accompanying my wife in her master's degree program.
I have obtained an open work permit for the period of her study.

Now she graduated and we want to apply for the Express Entry.

My issue is, when I applied for the Open Work Permit, they asked me for my past experience and I indicated it as a Business Development Manager for 4 years, which is true.
But now when I wanted to apply for the Express Entrey and after reading the job's descriptions on the CIC website, my prievious job title's is completely wrong! As I'm a Mechatronics Engineer and I used to do technical work but my title was business development manager because I was developing and openning new projects for our company.
But on the CIC website, the business development title includes only pure managerial duties.

So, I think I have two options:
1- Add my job experience in the Express Entrey application as I did in my Open Work Permit application if that won't effect my point any way.
2- Add a deffirent title, and get the a letter of experience from my old company explaining my duties in my previous job.

Any suggestions?
Btw, I'm not the main applicant, my wife is!
But I though if I include my real duties that might increase my chance in the skilled work selections.

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If this is foreign work experience then don't bother adding it to the work history section as it adds no value to the principal applicants' application.

Add it only in the personal history section once your wife receives her ITA and no proof of employment will be required.

Mj1122

Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Oct. 1st 2017
Thank you for your respond!

So do you mean it's not gonna matter if my experience was a technical position or an administratative one?

I was thinking that adding my technical experience might give us a chance in the skilled work selection!

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you're the dependent and such work experience is foreign it is completely irrelevant.

Only your Canadian work experience (if any) can have an impact in the principal applicants' CRS score and eligibility.