+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Question Applying for Canadian Immigration

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hi,
I'm currently in USA for past 2 years on H1B Visa. I'm basically from India. I am applying for Canadian Immigration next week. I was wondering if say after 3 months of applying PR at Buffalo office, my employer posts me back to India, what will happen with my PR application ? Will it be moved to Canadian office in India or will it still be processed here in Buffalo ? Does hiring a consultant will help in anyways in this situation ?

Also if it'll be processed in Buffalo, can I get the Medical done in India if it is approved or will I have to come to USA for Medical ?

Any inputs is greatly appreciated.
Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

differentquestion said:
Hi,
I'm currently in USA for past 2 years on H1B Visa. I'm basically from India. I am applying for Canadian Immigration next week. I was wondering if say after 3 months of applying PR at Buffalo office, my employer posts me back to India, what will happen with my PR application ? Will it be moved to Canadian office in India or will it still be processed here in Buffalo ? Does hiring a consultant will help in anyways in this situation ?

Also if it'll be processed in Buffalo, can I get the Medical done in India if it is approved or will I have to come to USA for Medical ?

Any inputs is greatly appreciated.
Regards
1. The processing can continue in Buffalo, unless they decide for the "integrity of the immigration program to transfer it"
2. You can have the medical in India
3. If you require an interview it will be in the US so you will need a visa, also you will have to get your passport to Buffalo, since it is illegal to mail passports out of India and Buffalo will not mail passport outside their processing area.

PMM

monica

Feb 21, 2007
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I am in USA from past 3 years and I had applied for Canadian Immigration from India. My application has been pending now for 64 months. When I came to US I informed CIC, delhi about my visa status with the supporting documents. My question is does the consulate tranfer the file automatically considering the "integration of the immigration program" or we have to request it. Also will it be advisable for me to request transfer of file to US or file fresh application from US at this time.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.