+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Name on College certificate and passport

mayurdholaria

Nov 24, 2008
My wife is having different name on her college certificates and transcripts as those were after marriage. After marriage her name got changed and same news name appears in her passport and all other places. For applying to Canada, I am using same name as per her passport.

So to show her past education, do I need to have some kind of name change certificate ? On her Indian passport, on back its written that this person was previously know as "Maiden Full Name". Will that Work.

Thanks for help.

scorpio2duo

Oct 8, 2008
Yes, that should work. Also, in the forms , when you fill them, put her earlier name in the GIVEN NAMES column. All the best!

mayurdholaria

Nov 24, 2008
Passsport, marriage certificate, USA Visa, I94 everything has Mrs X name and only on college cert which were prior to marriage has got Ms. Y. Then what name should I put in Given Name. I gues it has to be same as passport which is Mrs. X.

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you must apply with her current name as is on her passport because that is the name the visa is ultimately issued in. Eventually when you are asked by CIC to update your records , you are sent quite a lot of forms. There are fields on the various forms where it will ask for both her married name and her maiden name. It is no big deal. They will also ask for your marriage certificate etc. The page of her Indian passport will certainly be accepted as proof that it is the same person.

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
you dont need any kind of certifiate of name change bcuz after marrige only sir name chages in every school certificate fathers name is mention and after marrige its obvious that father's name no longer would b the sir name and the husbands name replaces the sirname(only)

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonea said:
you dont need any kind of certifiate of name change bcuz after marrige only sir name chages in every school certificate fathers name is mention
You need to show some link that the names on the college degrees and the name on the application form is the same person. in most cases the marriage certificate suffices.

sonea said:
and after marrige its obvious that father's name no longer would b the sir name and the husbands name replaces the sirname(only)
In this day of modernity , everyone do not follow the same norms and conventions
i have friends who refuse to replace their surname after marriage with that of their husbands and continue to use their maiden name.
While there are others who hypenate both their maiden and married names as their new surname eg Lewis-Clark

sonea

Nov 7, 2008
Canada
App. Filed.......
11-08-2008
AOR Received.
20-aug-2008
IELTS Request
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
20-09-2010
Med's Request
11/11/11
Med's Done....
28/11/11, recieved by VO 12/12/11
Passport Req..
05/Jan/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29th Feb
LANDED..........
2nd July 2012
Sisifo said:
sonea said:
you dont need any kind of certifiate of name change bcuz after marrige only sir name chages in every school certificate fathers name is mention
You need to show some link that the names on the college degrees and the name on the application form is the same person. in most cases the marriage certificate suffices.

sonea said:
and after marrige its obvious that father's name no longer would b the sir name and the husbands name replaces the sirname(only)
In this day of modernity , everyone do not follow the same norms and conventions
i have friends who refuse to replace their surname after marriage with that of their husbands and continue to use their maiden name.
While there are others who hypenate both their maiden and married names as their new surname eg Lewis-Clark

im not talking about exceptional cases of ppl not changing their name after marrige ... and i was talking about "name change certificate" obviously he has to show marrige certificate. its nothing to mention...!

tejnaihas

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2018
Nomination.....
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
I am just initiating ECA process for Canada express entry.
I also want to claim points for qualifications of my wife. I have also applied for re-issue of my wife's passport.

Situation: The name of my wife's father on existing passport is MAHESHKUMAR AMRUTLAL PATEL
The name mentioned on degree certificate of my wife is PATEL PINAL MAHESHBHAI.

Now this maheshkumar and maheshbhai might create problem during any point during the express entry processing.

Please guide what to do in such case.