+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different Gift Deed(s) - POF

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hi

- Is having gift deeds from 4-5 people (ie. each donating 3-4K) accepted by CIC as proof of fund?

- Do they all must be notarized? If so, who should notarize the gift-deeds if myself (main applicant) is living in a different country than the gift deed givers? (ie. I live in Abu Dhabi and gift-deed givers live in Turkey).

- is it problem if the main applicant lives in a different country than the gift-deed givers?

- Should I keep the gift deed money in my bank account for 6 months before I apply for PR?

- To be honest, my situation is a bit complicated. I live in a different country on TR and my visa expires in 10 months from now and I can't go back to my home country due to war and economy condition. I currently have low money $$ to come to Canada BUT by the time my PR application and COPR are granted (ie. within 6-7 months) I will be able to have more saving by myself, so I thought gift-deed is a good option at the moment to accelerate the process. What do you think of the best POF option for my situation?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes, it is acceptable.
2 - Ask a public notary how to properly execute a gift deed in Turkey.
3 - No issue.
4 - If you keep the money for over 6 months there is no need for gift deeds.