+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between letter of employment and offer of employment for EE

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
Post ITA document checklist, what is the Difference between letter of employment and offer of employment?
Thanks

sk6492

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-02-2017
offer of employment is LMIA approved job offer
Letter of employment is experience letter with job title,job duties,salary,date of joining and other details.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sk6492 said:
offer of employment is LMIA approved job offer
Letter of employment is experience letter with job title,job duties,salary,date of joining and other details.
Hi!
I don't have a LMIA approved job offer but the offer of employment document tab is present in my document checklist. is it normal?do i leave it blank?
Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you claim 50/200 points for a valid job offer?

If you do not have a valid job offer then you answered incorrectly the very first question of the intended work section.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
Did you claim 50/200 points for a valid job offer?

If you do not have a valid job offer then you answered incorrectly the very first question of the intended work section.
Hi!
I haven't claimed points for a valid job offer. the first question asks if i have a job offer and my answer is yes.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By answering yes you create placeholders for "letter of employment" and "offer of employment"

You have to modify that answer as you do not have a valid job offer.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
By answering yes you create placeholders for "letter of employment" and "offer of employment"

You have to modify that answer as you do not have a valid job offer.
Hi!
the question does not have the word "valid" in it.
here's the exact question-
Does xxx have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
be for full-time and for at least one year
meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know what it says and if you've read the following questions you would know that they do not apply to you.

You have your answer, feel free to do whatever floats your boat.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
I know what it says and if you've read the following questions you would know that they do not apply to you.

You have your answer, feel free to do whatever floats your boat.
Dear Delpiero07,
The following questions are correctly answered by me stating that i do not have a LMIA approved job offer. The idea of this forum is to help people who are not as knowledgeable as others regarding immigration matters. i hope you will help me understand the dilemma i am in.
Thanks

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a common occurrence from people working on open work permits, they fail to realize that such questions are intended for people claiming a valid job offer.

So two options:

1 - Change your answer.
2 - Keep it and waste your time providing documents that aren't required from you.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
This is a common occurrence from people working on open work permits, they fail to realize that such questions are intended for people claiming a valid job offer.

So two options:

1 - Change your answer.
2 - Keep it and waste your time providing documents that aren't required from you.
Hi!
will answering it no post ITA cause any trouble? because i have answered it yes before ITA and it is now locked.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No trouble as this change won't affect your eligibility or CRS points.

You can explain the change if you want to in a LOE.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:
No trouble as this change won't affect your eligibility or CRS points.

You can explain the change if you want to in a LOE.
Thanks a ton mate. +1 for you

babuku

Mar 23, 2017
Hi.. I have the similar xprnce now..
I have 2 yrs xprnc in Canada working in a closed work permit (not LMIA)..Its internal company transfer.(ICT)
I have wrongly mentioned as "YES" for the question "Does xxx have a job offer in Canada"?
But at the bottom I have answered as "NO" for the question "Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in canada"? And also i have mentioned as "NO" for another questions was a positive LMIA issued for this work permit? i have place holder to upload letter of employment as well as offer of employment.
my crs points as below.
Age = 55
Education = 126
language = 86
Canadian xprnc = 46
spouse education = 8
spouse language = 16
skill transfer - education = 50
foreign xprnc = 50
Total = 437
I have my ITA now. Now currently uploading docs, in the work history tab under intended to work in canda can i say "NO" for the question does xxx have a job offer in Canada? and have a explanation in LOE?
Will this have any impact on my CRS points?

Please help me.. I have provided my points split above.
Thanks..

babuku

Mar 23, 2017
babuku said:
Hi.. I have the similar xprnce now..
I have 2 yrs xprnc in Canada working in a closed work permit (not LMIA)..Its internal company transfer.(ICT)
I have wrongly mentioned as "YES" for the question "Does xxx have a job offer in Canada"?
But at the bottom I have answered as "NO" for the question "Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in canada"? And also i have mentioned as "NO" for another questions was a positive LMIA issued for this work permit? i have place holder to upload letter of employment as well as offer of employment.
my crs points as below.
Age = 55
Education = 126
language = 86
Canadian xprnc = 46
spouse education = 8
spouse language = 16
skill transfer - education = 50
foreign xprnc = 50
Total = 437
I have my ITA now. Now currently uploading docs, in the work history tab under intended to work in canda can i say "NO" for the question does xxx have a job offer in Canada? and have a explanation in LOE?
Will this have any impact on my CRS points?
am i allowed to do the changes? will there any impact to my ITA?

Please help me.. I have provided my points split above.
Thanks..