+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difference between Employment Reference Letter, Letter from Current Employer, Employment Records, and Employment Contract

LucasBlanco

Apr 24, 2024
I'm applying for a work permit in Quebec from Argentina. I already have the offer of employment number (a 7-digit number, starting with the letter “A.”)

My application asks to upload an Employment Reference Letter, a Letter from Current Employer, Employment Records, and an Employment Contract.

1. What's the difference between them?
2. I'm currently unemployed, I don't have a letter from my "Current" employer. What should I do in this case?
3. Is the Current Employer the Canadian Employer I'm applying to work with in Canada?

If anyone could clarify the 3 points, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks!

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I'm applying for a work permit in Quebec from Argentina. I already have the offer of employment number (a 7-digit number, starting with the letter “A.”)

My application asks to upload an Employment Reference Letter, a Letter from Current Employer, Employment Records, and an Employment Contract.

1. What's the difference between them?
2. I'm currently unemployed, I don't have a letter from my "Current" employer. What should I do in this case?
3. Is the Current Employer the Canadian Employer I'm applying to work with in Canada?

If anyone could clarify the 3 points, I would highly appreciate it. Thanks!
Employment reference letter is from the one you are currently working.
Employment records can be payslips, tax file records and T4
Employment contract is basically terms and conditions document agreed between you and company mentioning things like the benefits and pay grade you will be provided.
Yes the current employer is the one you had applied to start work with.