+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't receive PR card more than 5 months after landing

JIMI 2

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
hi dear,
I landed on 6 th February 2016 and till now more than 5 months didn't receive pr card. I am outside Canada now. I gave them my brother address in Calgary. Address is correct in my ecas. I sent case specific enquiry 2 months back. Got no reply. Please advise what should I do
Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How many days you stayed in Canada? You can call cic and find the status.

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
ttrajan said:
Did you stay 2 years in Canada in the last 5 years?
This is not a renewal...pls note...OP just landed in canada and became a PR and still hasn't received PR card.

Loom

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JIMI 2 said:
I stayed for 22 days
You should contact CIC. I landed on June 2015, and today I thought about calling them just to confirm that my PR status is actually activated, but the agent said that still my PR status is not triggered. I called the boarder at which I have landed at, and they said I should go IN PERSON because they cannot give me any information by phone. So, I drive for one hour to discover that the agent did not complete the procedure on the computer and so it shows that I was there but I did not land! So, the boarder said I had to wait for the agent who dealt with my case, and I was lucky that her shift begin around the time I arrived. She comes in, completes everything (I hope), and apologies to me. She is such a nice lady and I didnt have any hard feelings against her to be honest, I genuinely accepted her apology, but what I was thinking is that the minute I come back I will post it on the forums here, so that people will contact CIC to confirm that their PR status is actually triggered.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
Loom,

This is exactly what happened to my case. I did the landing but the immigration officer at the toronto airport did not close my case. When I called the CIC -the lady said these mistakes are rare but she is going to make a note of this fact and send my details to the immigration officer. :'( :( :mad:

Aug 8, 2015
Loom said:
You should contact CIC. I landed on June 2015, and today I thought about calling them just to confirm that my PR status is actually activated, but the agent said that still my PR status is not triggered. I called the boarder at which I have landed at, and they said I should go IN PERSON because they cannot give me any information by phone. So, I drive for one hour to discover that the agent did not complete the procedure on the computer and so it shows that I was there but I did not land! So, the boarder said I had to wait for the agent who dealt with my case, and I was lucky that her shift begin around the time I arrived. She comes in, completes everything (I hope), and apologies to me. She is such a nice lady and I didnt have any hard feelings against her to be honest, I genuinely accepted her apology, but what I was thinking is that the minute I come back I will post it on the forums here, so that people will contact CIC to confirm that their PR status is actually triggered.
Hello Loom,

I also landed in Canada 2 months ago, June 2, 2015. I was just wondering if you already got your PR card? I haven't received mine yet and i'm a bit worried because i'm going to travel overseas at October 27, 2015. You reckon it's still a long time and I don't have to worry yet?

Thanks

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Now processing time is around 3 months. Hope you will get it by this month end.

homesickvn

Aug 16, 2011
It also happened to me:

I landed on 22nd April 2015 in Vancouver and gave my address to the officer. She wrote it on my landing paper (CoPR).

Last week when it hit 100 days I checked ECAS and saw "We received your address on June 13, 2015", I thought they just updated it on ECAS on June 13.

Yesterday when it's >110 days I called CIC Call Center and was told that they got my address on 13 June, so 84 days is counted from 13 June. I explained and they just said that they don't know why and told me to keep waiting.

What the hell. Does anybody know how to appeal ? Thank you so much.

JIMI 2

Star Member
Jul 1, 2011
Dear friends
Few days back I called cic. They said that they don't have my address, my address had been updated in my ecas, still they didn't have it. I told them the address on phone and within a week my card arrived
Thanks

homesickvn

Aug 16, 2011
If you're outside of Canada, you can call 1-613-9444000 and then from the menu you can transfer your call to CIC