+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did you receive RQ after the test?

citizentt

Apr 14, 2013
Did you receive RQ after the test?
if so, plz, share your time line ....
What do you think triggered the RQ for your case?

My time line
Kitchener Office
Applied for citizenship in Mar 2012
In process status starts Nov 2012
Wrote the test in Apr 2013

cadvis

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Hello, i saw your question in many places... Why do you think you will get RQ? Think positice:)

Having said, there are cases people have got RQ after exam also but it is very less I think. So just relax...

Good Luck

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
RQ after Nov 2012 test. I forgot to mention a trip in the USA, but provided all passport copies. Submitted RQ papers 2 months ago..waiting...

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
Hi citizentt,

Just curious to know certain things (if you dont mind answering) to understand better who are being targeted for RQ.

Did you come to Canada as an international student (undergrad/masters/phd) by any chance (Study Permit > Post-grad work permit > PR track) ?

Thanks

p.s: I am not an applicant but will be eligible soon.

citizentt

Apr 14, 2013
Hi spellbinder

Does it matter .....the status of a person when firstly comes to Canada (whether he is PR, international student,.........etc)?

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
citizentt said:
Hi spellbinder

Does it matter .....the status of a person when firstly comes to Canada (whether he is PR, international student,.........etc)?
No idea, but thats what I am trying to see if there is a pattern.
Since you didnt get a RQ yet (and you are done with the test) chances are you wont get one (knock on wood), so was wondering about your background.

I have seen threads in this forum correlating frequent visits outside of Canada as PR to a RQ request, but there were applicants who never left Canada after getting their PR (or just went for a day trip to US) who was asked to do RQ. So who knows...

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
I think if the person is failing the exam or failing the in interview then only you will get RQ.

Or they find stamps on passport which you did not disclose in your application.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tst said:
I think if the person is failing the exam or failing the in interview then only you will get RQ.

Or they find stamps on passport which you did not disclose in your application.
i receive RQ before exam. Was an international student before (i dont think this matters al all). Why wasting time to try to predict the pattern of how and under which circumstances you would recieve RQ. If you get it....you get it. No need to try to predict whether you will get it or not.

citizentt

Apr 14, 2013
Thanks God, I received my ceremony letter

Thanks God, I received my ceremony letter
My time line
Kitchener Office
Applied for citizenship in Mar 2012
In process status starts Nov 2012
Wrote the test in Apr 12, 2013
Ceremony is on July 1st, 2013

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I have one friend, who was international student and now PR. He cleared the test and they were giving the result right away. I got the invitation for the oath ceremony and they told him even he has passed he have to wait for RQ in mail... so sad

citizentt

Apr 14, 2013
Dear jshahid

I could not get what u wrote

Did you mean that your friend received Oath Invitation THEN they asked him to do RQ?

Are you sure of this?

motherof2

Jun 14, 2013
We wrote a test on april 16th 2013 at Mississauga glen erin office, we passed the test but there were some stamps on our passports that need to be translated we submitted the translation within a week, ppl who passpassed the test tht day were informed the same day to appear for ceremony on 29th april, but
We have not heard from citizenship office since, are there chances we might get RQ?..