+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did they change the RPR fee???

Coolcharm

Mar 25, 2009
Hi all
I reveived a letter from CIC says the following:

The amount of RPRF is $490 CAD (or $415 USD)

Deos that make sense? The website says $490 CAD or $490 USD!
Did they change it? Any experience???

Thanks

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
It is $490 CAN, US is only $415 - but I learned that they only accept Canadian dollars so do not send money in US dollars.

You need to make a draft in Canadian dollars $490 per adult applicant.

Coolcharm

Mar 25, 2009
Thanks but I am now in the US and applied to Buffalo. This means I can use USD, can't I?
what about the CIC website that says $490 CAD or $490 USD???

I am confused because they say please send the exact amount!!!

Please help....

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
It says $490CAD or $415US - And No, you can't pay the RPR Fee in US dollars it must have to be Canadian Dollars. You can pay your application fee in US dollars only.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Permanent Resident Visa Fee (PRVF) can be paid in USD for Canadian Visa offices in USA. Please refer to fees schedule for canadian visa offices in USA. They clearly mention this.

makar100

Dec 28, 2008
hello,

i applied to london office and expecting the medical soon

RPR fees is my question as i have smal family

1- me main applicant

2- my wife

3- my son 3 month already i send his documents

regards

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
If you are talking about the application fee, that is when you file application, then yes you can pay in US dollars, if your medicals are requested and you suppose to pay RPR Fee (Right of Permanent Residence Fee) then you can only pay with Canadian Dollars, US dollars are not accepted for some reason, no matter you are inside or outside Canada applicant.

PCHC

Star Member
Mar 18, 2008
Dear New Yorker,

Permanent Resident Visa Fee (PRVF) can be paid in USD for Canadian Visa offices in USA. Please refer to fees schedule for canadian visa offices in USA. They clearly mention this "web link >> http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng.

I'm again saying so by my own experince wherein I paid PRVF in USD and was issued immigration visa (M-1) few weeks back from NYC, NY.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks for the link, if you are FSW1 you must pay fee in Canadian Dollars or it will delay your process, I am not sure which category you was and they accepted US $$ from you.

I am not talking about PRVF, it is RPRF also known to some as Landing Fee.

For all other members for FSW1, please read under "Note" of this link.

RPRF fee must be in Canadian Dollars.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
newyorker,

the note you are referring to is the APPLICATION FEE to sydney NS.

the RPRF can be paid in canadian dollars or in the currency of your visa office.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
My bad, PCHC is correct, I did some investigation ~ this applies only to the application fee to NS. I am not sure why they asked me to send Canadian dollars as for RPRF fee, I paid $25.00 for the draft. Bummer!