+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive Permanent Res Card - Quorax or experts - Please help

ride_thelight

Nov 1, 2009
New York, NY
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
I did my Landing in Toronto - was issued a temporary permanent resident document.
I was advised by the customs agent that an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (IMM 5444) was not required.
She said that I would receive the permanent res card in 4-8 weeks at the Canadian address I gave to them.

Its been over 2 months and the card has not been received at the Canadian address. What should be done? Is this application required to be submitted to receive the permanent res card?

I am not in Canada at the moment, but in the US
I have tried calling various numbers but not able to connect from US.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ride_thelight said:
I did my Landing in Toronto - was issued a temporary permanent resident document.
I was advised by the customs agent that an Application for a Permanent Resident Card (IMM 5444) was not required.
She said that I would receive the permanent res card in 4-8 weeks at the Canadian address I gave to them.

Its been over 2 months and the card has not been received at the Canadian address. What should be done? Is this application required to be submitted to receive the permanent res card?

I am not in Canada at the moment, but in the US
I have tried calling various numbers but not able to connect from US.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The BSO was wrong. The posted processing time is 47 Business days. which is about 9/10 weeks depending on the holidays and then about 3/5 days for mailing.