+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not receive ITA despite have CRS above cut-off

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
It is going to expire on 10th Nov 2024... I would hope that they will lower the score in the next draw, before 29th Jan, as it is my birthday :(

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
Yes! Why not. I don’t see any reason for not doing so. Go ahead and apply for an extension. If you could attach an explanation letter mentioning the reason behind your request, this will be great!

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
Yes! Why not. I don’t see any reason for not doing so. Go ahead and apply for an extension. If you could attach an explanation letter mentioning the reason behind your request, this will be great!
I think that is the only option I have now to continue working. I will go for it rather than waiting for their response about the ITA issue.

Thank you! I hope that we will get ITA soon.

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
I think that is the only option I have now to continue working. I will go for it rather than waiting for their response about the ITA issue.

Thank you! I hope that we will get ITA soon.
Hi, before you apply for any extension, please post your situation on Foreign Worker forum because, I think IRCC will refuse your application as you might be ineligible to qualify for an extension.

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
Hi, before you apply for any extension, please post your situation on Foreign Worker forum because, I think IRCC will refuse your application as you might be ineligible to qualify for an extension.
Cool. I'll do that. Do you have any idea how soon it will be rejected?

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
hopefully it won't be rejected! They really need to consider that all PGWP holders are only waiting for the IRCC to make proper and continuous draws without STOP, so we won't, all of us, reach to this stage to apply for another extension!

Reactions: Iambatman16

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
hopefully it won't be rejected! They really need to consider that all PGWP holders are only waiting for the IRCC to make proper and continuous draws without STOP, so we won't, all of us, reach to this stage to apply for another extension!
well, I have a little hope now. I hope this will work fine. Many of friends are in the same boat.

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Cool. I'll do that. Do you have any idea how soon it will be rejected?
There's something called "fake PGWP extension": meaning – when you apply for an extension of PGWP, you'll be on implied status until it's rejected (which it will – for sure). The processing time aka rejection time might be somewhere between 3 months to 5 months depending upon the backlog. It should give you enough time to figure out your queries with IRCC. However, if your ITA doesn't come through and later, after the processing time, when they reject your PGWP extension application, you'll need to stop working immediately, and restore your status as a visitor or leave the country. *If you manage to get an ITA before your PGWP extension is rejected, you can apply for a BOWP, and wait for your PR to complete processing – I heard that it's taking about 5 to 8 months approx to complete processing PR application.

Now, as to why I'm confident that IRCC will reject your PGWP extension is because, PGWP is a once in a life time opportunity – there's no extension policies anymore. One cannot apply for an Open Work Permit either, unless they've got a positive "Dual Intent" LMIA, or... just checkout the list below from IRCC website.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you

So, you can apply for a PGWP extension while baring in mind that the outcome will be a rejection, and secure an ITA before the outcome. Ultimately, this extension trick is only to buy you some time – try not to rely on it.

Last edited:

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
There's something called "fake PGWP extension": meaning – when you apply for an extension of PGWP, you'll be on implied status until it's rejected (which it will – for sure). The processing time aka rejection time might be somewhere between 3 months to 5 months depending upon the backlog. It should give you enough time to figure out your queries with IRCC. However, if your ITA doesn't come through and later, after the processing time, when they reject your PGWP extension application, you'll need to stop working immediately, and restore your status as a visitor or leave the country. *If you manage to get an ITA before your PGWP extension is rejected, you can apply for a BOWP, and wait for your PR to complete processing – I heard that it's taking about 5 to 8 months approx to complete processing PR application.

Now, as to why I'm confident that IRCC will reject your PGWP extension is because, PGWP is a once in a life time opportunity – there's no extension policies anymore. One cannot apply for an Open Work Permit either, unless they've got a positive "Dual Intent" LMIA, or... just checkout the list below from IRCC website.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you

So, you can apply for a PGWP extension while baring in mind that the outcome will be a rejection, and secure an ITA before the outcome. Ultimately, this extension trick is only to buy you some time – try not to rely on it.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Much appreciated.
It is just to buy time. Hopefully I will receive ITA and apply for PR soon.

thanks again.

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Thank you so much for the detailed response. Much appreciated.
It is just to buy time. Hopefully I will receive ITA and apply for PR soon.

thanks again.
Hmmm, yes but, beware: that rejection will forever stay on your record and whenever questioned, you've gotta mention it. That's the only negative in this way.

Last edited:

track002

Star Member
Oct 16, 2023
Do I have any other option?
Nope! Visitor visa record is an alternative, but it will take away the opportunity to get BOWP, so, no other option imo, but keep enquiring. Don't depend on this forum info alone. You can try to take advantage of free consultations online. Some companies give free initial consultation, like CanadaVisa the company our current forum belongs to, provides free initial consultation.

Reactions: Iambatman16

Iambatman16

Dec 11, 2023
Nope! Visitor visa record is an alternative, but it will take away the opportunity to get BOWP, so, no other option imo, but keep enquiring. Don't depend on this forum info alone. You can try to take advantage of free consultations online. Some companies give free initial consultation, like CanadaVisa the company our current forum belongs to, provides free initial consultation.
My condition is exactly opposite. I went with an immigration consultant first. My lawyer messed up and not providing me proper info. You guys have more knowledge than my lawyer.