+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did not declare previous US visa refusal in work permit application but declared it in PR application- Please help!!

Girish138

Jan 14, 2023
Hi All,

I applied for US b1 visa in 2019 and it got rejected and I don't remember why I got rejected as I don't any documents regarding the same.

I have applied for Canada Work permit in 2020 and I forgot to mention about US B1 visa rejection but still my work permit is approved and I immigrated to Canada.

Recently I applied for PR and I submitted my application stating that US B1 visa is rejected in 2019 October without any rejection reason.

I got a document from IRCC as a part of background check - 'Request for additional information for stat question answer "Been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country?" Please provide more details around this question.'

My consultant replied by saying that exact rejection reason is not known, along with DS160 details as it is only available document.

Can there be chance of misinterpretation as I didn't not mention US B1 visa rejection during my initial work permit even though I mentioned it in later PR application?

Can you please respond to my query?

Last edited:
Reactions: avani021

amar_lko

Nov 26, 2022
@Girish138 I have a similar situation as yours. I did mention correctly in my first work permit application, but in subsequent application of extension and TRV it was mistakenly answered no. But all my application were approved. Now when realized it was a mistake,planning to mention correctly in all applications in future . Do I still have issues ? Should I contact IRCC to correct anything ?

vraj@1411

Jan 14, 2024
@Girish138 forgot to mention about my us visa refusal in study permit and coop work permit but I got approved. So now I am going to apply for pgwp and I asked everyone and they asked me to disclose this in future applications. So will it affect my pgwp?