+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

diabetic parents

leehar

Sep 2, 2009
Hi ! I'm sponsoring my diabetic parents. mom takes insulin but dad takes medicine to control his diabetes.overall their diabetes is under control.just worry about their medicals and want to know their chances of rejection.
Thanks.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey buddy, I'm now in the same boat as you. How did your parents medical test turn out? Did cic approve their application?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
leehar said:
Hi ! I'm sponsoring my diabetic parents. mom takes insulin but dad takes medicine to control his diabetes.overall their diabetes is under control.just worry about their medicals and want to know their chances of rejection.
Thanks.
Come meds time, it will be told and show up - dont think its a big issue. My mother had HIGH BP and HYPO Thyroid too

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I honestly don't think that being diabetic would be a problem when it comes to medical disqualification. So I think your parents' medical results will affect the PR process.

If I am not mistaken, diabetic insulin shots are not coverage by provincial health care. They are responsible for the cost themselves. So no worries about excessive demand on health care issues.

sushant0987

Aug 11, 2020
Hi I am wanting to put in a query for migrating my parents. My father undergoes dialysis and I have been told that this does not raise an issue when clearing them for medical purposes. The only issues arise in cases of communicable and contagious diseases. Any response is hugely appreciated. TIA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am wanting to put in a query for migrating my parents. My father undergoes dialysis and I have been told that this does not raise an issue when clearing them for medical purposes. The only issues arise in cases of communicable and contagious diseases. Any response is hugely appreciated. TIA.
Unfortuantely you have been given incorrect advice. That advice is for spouses. Your parents are unlikely to be approved if your father needs dialysis. Kidney disease is one of the big medical issues that leads to refusals.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even in the case of super visas and if we could arrange a medical insurance policy for him?
It would be very difficult to get aporival for a supervisa although you should try. Not sure you will find any policies that will cover the cost of dialysis. Would make no sense for the insurance company.