+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit timeline to stamp PR visa and return of passports

cag17

Aug 22, 2012
Got our copr and passports now. It was in the mailbox all along. They did not use our ups return envelope.

ManojKN

Aug 18, 2012
cag17 said:
I was just clarifying cause i saw in the detroit site that the consulate will not return documents thru commercial courier under any circumstance. So they have returned passprts thru ups already?
Thanks again.
They may or may not have, but they will use whatever you enclose. In my case, I have enclosed an xpresspost envelope. After sitting with my passports for 3 weeks they asked for the landing fees which we had already submitted in April! On August 13th, our attorney clarified this and on August 22nd they replied to an email that yes indeed they have received the landing fees. Since then, e-cas still shows in process and I am still waiting ... so, my point is just keep praying for this is one very non-transparent process ...

student3000

Feb 26, 2012
ManojKN said:
At least ...
thank you.. I have a number of more questions,

1. i wonder why take up so much time in just issuing the PPR and mailing the passport?? especially, when all the fees have been paid.

2. Has any1 heard cases where the outcome might have been negative after passport request?

3. Also, what does 'Decision-made' E-CAS status mean, after passport-request?

ManojKN

Aug 18, 2012
student3000 said:
thank you.. I have a number of more questions,

1. i wonder why take up so much time in just issuing the PPR and mailing the passport?? especially, when all the fees have been paid.

2. Has any1 heard cases where the outcome might have been negative after passport request?

3. Also, what does 'Decision-made' E-CAS status mean, after passport-request?
Answer 1: backlog and some inefficiencies
Answer 2: very rare and if/when they may realize there's insufficient or fraudulent documentation. But, when they ask you for your passports for stamping, they have been through everything and done their homework as it were
Answer 3: normally it implies that your passports have been shipped

mr-sam

Jun 2, 2010
Hi guys,

Passport Requested: Aug 13
Passport Delivered (Detroit): Aug 17
Status changed to DM: Aug 27
Passport Received Date: Not yet.

I still didn't receive my passport and I started to worry about that. I sent a return Xpress envelop and the tracking number is not active yet. How much time does it take Detroit VO to send the passport back after the status changes to DM?

ManojKN

Aug 18, 2012
mr-sam said:
Hi guys,

Passport Requested: Aug 13
Passport Delivered (Detroit): Aug 17
Status changed to DM: Aug 27
Passport Received Date: Not yet.

I still didn't receive my passport and I started to worry about that. I sent a return Xpress envelop and the tracking number is not active yet. How much time does it take Detroit VO to send the passport back after the status changes to DM?
You should get them any day now if you have not already!

Toronto123

Jan 20, 2012
After landing is done , how many days does it take for the ecas status to change from decision made to complete ?

RAJDHA

Oct 19, 2011
Hi Friends,

This is my timeline:

Passport reached Windsor: 20 September 2012
RPRF Pair with Application
ECAS changed to Decesion Made: Waiting
Visa Issued: Waiting
Passport Return tracking activated: yes, today from windsor (it's possible ? )Any body get like that.

mee0088

Jun 21, 2012
Hi guys
Got my passport request today for stamping. Right now am in India and I am suppose to send my passport to Detroit within 30 days. As I understand from all related discussion in this forum that I have only following options to send my passport across.

1) applying for a visitor visa to USA by quoting the reason for visa as getting my passport stamped.
2) somehow send my passport to USA through any of my friends/relatives and they post it to Detroit address and get the things done and carry back to india.

So, could you please tell me if that's all the ways I have? Or is there any other faster way to get this done?

Kindly respond as soon as possible.

ONAP

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
Doc's Request.
05-09-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2012
Yes, those are the two options you have as most of the courier service will not accept passports.

thanks
ONAP

newbrunswicker

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Hello,

Hi have the same situation. Return tracking got activated but Ecas still shows in process. Did you get your passport back yet?

RAJDHA said:
Hi Friends,

This is my timeline:

Passport reached Windsor: 20 September 2012
RPRF Pair with Application
ECAS changed to Decesion Made: Waiting
Visa Issued: Waiting
Passport Return tracking activated: yes, today from windsor (it's possible ? )Any body get like that.

lilbabu

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2011
AOR Received.
27-04-2012
Med's Request
27-04-2012
Passport Req..
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
06-10-2012
Canadapost shows that my item has been successfully delivered. First time I am impressed by their speed, not even 24 hours since the item checked-in in Windsor. I thought it would've taken 3 days to travel to BC.
Maybe my landlord received it, can't wait to check it out tonight! Cheers!

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
lilbabu said:
Canadapost shows that my item has been successfully delivered. First time I am impressed by their speed, not even 24 hours since the item checked-in in Windsor. I thought it would've taken 3 days to travel to BC.
Maybe my landlord received it, can't wait to check it out tonight! Cheers!
Congratulations!!! If you a flagpole now at uscanada border u will get pr card in around 3 months or 6 biz weeks. Ask me for more help