+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit is slow.

nb12345

May 17, 2011
I guess many people have experienced a delay in receiving their passports back from the Consulate. My passport reached the Consulate on April 28 and I have a flight to Toronto on May 26. I thought this was sufficient time even after accounting for delays. I don't see the passport coming on time. The Consulate had replied to my first email saying that processing has been slow due to the computer upgrade and that they are doing everything they can to get the passports out soon. I thought of driving to Detroit but by reading what people have had to say, I don't think they will let me in.

Today, the Canadian Consulate updated their website saying that they are closing their Buffalo office in June for a week as mail-in applications have created a record backlog. Keeping this in mind, I don't see my passport arriving before May 26. Fingers crossed otherwise I will have to bear the fees of the over-priced American based airlines date change fee.

lnascimento

May 18, 2011
I've sent my passport to the Canadian Consulate in Los Angeles to issue my permanent resident visa on March 14. The processing time should be 3 weeks, but no news until now. :-[

nb12345

May 17, 2011
I had written to the Consulate telling them that I had travel plans on May 26 and if driving to the Detroit Consulate would help fasten the process. They replied back to me the next day (today) saying that mailed in applications cannot be picked up at the Consulate and that they would be sending my passport out today.
I also received a call from them today confirming that they will be sending out my passport today via the prepaid return postage I had mailed in along with my application. Today is exactly three weeks since they've had my passport (15 working days) and I am thrilled to see a quick turnaround.
Hopefully there is good news for everyone soon.

Anjali_Kool

Jun 16, 2011
sent in my application yesterday for WP. didn't send the self addressed envelope though. Is it OK? or do I have to send it? Don't know how long it will take!