+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detained at Entry to Canada

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello
Has anyone ever heard of someone coming to visit Canada being detained because the person inviting them is the opposite sex? If I invite someone to come to Canada does it matter if they are the same sex as me? Should the person be aware of this and prepared..?

Thanks

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Nah it doesnt matter.

aimraje

Feb 18, 2012
Dinto said:
Hello
Has anyone ever heard of someone coming to visit Canada being detained because the person inviting them is the opposite sex? If I invite someone to come to Canada does it matter if they are the same sex as me? Should the person be aware of this and prepared..?

Thanks

Hmm.. i read this from another post: this might help

melr said:
hi..i got my trv last june2011 but i was able to visit vancouver last oct.28 for 52 days..now i want to apply again but for a multiple reentry..but i have some doubts about my application..when i went to canada the first time,in the declaration form i wrote the address of a male family friend so i was held in the immigration office..they want to know who is this friend and why my husband didn't travel with me..after so many questions and after checking my luggage finally they stamped my passport..so this time me and a girlfriend booked a hotel..what i want to know if there won't be a problem why this time i'll be staying in a hotel and not in my friend's place?i just want to make sure that i won't be held in the immigration again..any input or advice would be greatly appreciated..thank you..

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah that bothers me, because I am male and inviting a female to come for a visit for 6 months.... she is of modest means in South Africa and worry about immigration detaining her.... wondering why has this guy invited you for 6 months?

thanks

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
There are limited reasons where detention is allowed. The most likely scenario is that information came to light about the person coming to visit that was unknown to the person they were coming to visit that resulted in the detention of the person concerned. It would have nothing to do with the sex of the person involved.