+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Destitute student support

Zahmad

Jun 18, 2016
Dear sir / madam

I writing regrading destitute student work permit.I have no means of support right now
In order re-start study program again need more money, so am I eligible for as destitute student work permit under humanitarian reasons

Thanks a lot
I am waiting for your kind reply guys

knoxis

May 21, 2016
You will have to somehow prove that you do not have the financial means to support yourself in Canada. If you have filed for bankruptcy, you can submit proof that you have done so. Other than that, I will not be of much help.

michael11358

Nov 10, 2018
Hi there, i had a followup question.
My parents have been paying my international tuition by far. I've completed 2 out of 4 years of my studies.
Now they cannot afford it because they don't make enough money. (but they aren't' bankrupt).

Is there a way to prove that I cannot afford my tuition anymore?
What are other ways to prove that I cannot afford my tuition?

Janithahetti04

Star Member
May 17, 2020
Hi there, i had a followup question.
My parents have been paying my international tuition by far. I've completed 2 out of 4 years of my studies.
Now they cannot afford it because they don't make enough money. (but they aren't' bankrupt).

Is there a way to prove that I cannot afford my tuition anymore?
What are other ways to prove that I cannot afford my tuition?
Any update?

Janithahetti04

Star Member
May 17, 2020
If you can’t afford your studies you should be deferring until you have more money. You shouldn’t be coming to Canada hoping that you will be able to depend on a program for destitute students.
But if I am deferring, am I able to maintain my visa status? I think study permit will be cancelled in 90 days if I'm not attending classes.. what is the best way?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. Am I able to work fulltime during defer period? What would be the maximum period i can defer?
No you can’t work full-time In Canada if you defer. Based on your previous you haven’t started studying yet. Are you in Canada? What is your status? Deferral period is up to the school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not really. I'm preplanned incase of emergency
This program is not something that you should be counting on. It is not something that is commonly approved. Things like an economic crash or war in your home country that was not predictable when you came to Canada leads to approval. Not arriving with sufficient funds or depending on being able to be able to work 20 hour/week is not a reason to try and access the destitute student program.