+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Describe the circumstances of your first meeting?

jyothis890

Star Member
Nov 20, 2015
Answer is no.
Hi armoured,
I’m applying for my wife(Outland spousal). In Imm5532e part C Q1. When was the first time you met in person. We met at my uncles house in our childhood, her family was my uncles neighbour so I can write that in where and circumstances column, but I don’t recall the exact date it somewhere in 1990s so what should I put in the date column?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But what if the marriage is arranged
Then you still describe how you first met. Just the facts. They're aware of the practice of arranged marriages, as long as that is clear elsewhere and the necessary traditions / customs are fulfilled, shouldn't be a problem.

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
Then you still describe how you first met. Just the facts. They're aware of the practice of arranged marriages, as long as that is clear elsewhere and the necessary traditions / customs are fulfilled, shouldn't be a problem.
My husband is on asylum we met for our marriage in another country

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
My husband is on asylum we met for our marriage in another country
It was arranged by our parents we started to talk on phone after our engagement then we met after few months to get married we had not met in person before that

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It was arranged by our parents we started to talk on phone after our engagement then we met after few months to get married we had not met in person before that
Then that's what you'd describe - both the circumstances of the engagement (how it was arranged), contact by phone, then that you met at the ceremony itself.

I'm sure specifcs about applying due to arranged marriage are discussed elsewhere here - ask around. Others have done this. Will also be VERY important to show that you and spouse spent time together after the marriage.

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
Then that's what you'd describe - both the circumstances of the engagement (how it was arranged), contact by phone, then that you met at the ceremony itself.

I'm sure specifcs about applying due to arranged marriage are discussed elsewhere here - ask around. Others have done this. Will also be VERY important to show that you and spouse spent time together after the marriage.